The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

7blade BEP housing 316hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95ttalontsi

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 16, 2011
gerry, New_York
Went up to STMs dyno day, got two runs in at the end of the day. I was a little dissapointed as I only put down 316awhp and 297 TQ with 27psi on 93 pump with meth. Car has not been tuned and Emery said my slowboy boost controller was the cause of my low TQ. I wanted to see 400awhp. So I purchased a hallman pro, installed it after we left and allready noticed a difference with spoolup. My dyno sheet looks horrible ill upload it later. at 4300rpm my HP was flat at 260hp and then started climbing after 5600 and had max hp at 6700rpm. TQ dropped drastically after 4600. I think a tune is in order LOL.

315 is no slouch on our machine, I don't recall seeing an hx35 go over 350. The flat power and loss of torque was due to the knock.

Thanks for coming out and nice car!

Yeah its 6 bolt swapped 1g rods evo 8 pistons. Meth injected and low timing numbers. I'll be up for a tune in the next few weeks should unleash some good safe power. Everything on car is in check, no boost leaks and timing set at 5*. Car feels fast on the street though

I wanted to see 400awhp.
If all you want is a number to brag about, first get a ballpark tune, then find a dynojet, get a VCE and run in FWD mode. You'll be close to or over 500.

A mustang dyno is a better tool for performance tuning but reads much lower than a dynojet. Datalogs of acceleration (or a 1/4 mile timeslip) combined with accurate vehicle weight is a much more universal measure of performance than just a random dyno number.

heres the dyno sheet

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    422.1 KB · Views: 153
If all you want is a number to brag about, first get a ballpark tune, then find a dynojet, get a VCE and run in FWD mode. You'll be close to or over 500.

A mustang dyno is a better tool for performance tuning but reads much lower than a dynojet. Datalogs of acceleration (or a 1/4 mile timeslip) combined with accurate vehicle weight is a much more universal measure of performance than just a random dyno number.

^This^ right here. Dyno time in general is best spent for comparing changes relative to your car only, and on particularly consistent units (Mustang/Superflow) you can compare to other cars that used that same dyno.

Even then all dynos can be manipulated to massage egos, so it comes down to the operators.

Quarter mile trap speed (ideally) or 70-90mph/80-100mph times vs Weight and DA are best for comparing different cars.

You can use fuel and air flow data as a sanity check on calculated power.

Last edited:
Run it at the track. depending on how you drive it should dip into the into with that power. Not to bad, considering it's pump gas with low timing numbers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back