The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

4cy Dirrect Port Nitrous Injection & Water Injection Question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottsee

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 25, 2004
casa grande, Arizona
Is anyone running both Nitrous & Water/Meth injection? I was Very Very interested in water injection to reduce my Knock about 5500RPM. But eventually want to run Nitrous in about a year. Water injection is obviously a knock suppression additive due to its high laten heat properties being 7 times that of fuel. Nitrous, well, yeah, not a knock suppressant. If I am using Water injection as a tunning band-aid for 6000+RPM, can I (if possable) safely use Nitrous as a power agent with conservative A/F and timing tuning?

Check my Profile for Mods.

Using both at the same time would be counter productive. Nitrous will do the same thing to your intake temps that water will but more drastically. You can use both, I just wouldn't use both at the same time. If you are using methanol instead of water that's an entirely differenct scenario.

a buddy of mine runs a wet kit plus straight meth and hes getting GREAT results. he runs 24psi on his STOCK intercooler with a evo 3 16g and 115shot on top of everything else. with a stock torque converter he busts off 1.9 60fts, burns all 4 tires, and ran a 8.2 in the 8th. the 8.2 he ran was only 2/3rds down the track because he over ran his walbro 190 fuel pump. he plans on getting mid to high 7's with his new inline fuel pump.

but anyways the meth and nitrious works great, but this was all done on a built bottom end i dont know how the stock bottome end will hold up....

Well, I decited to just go with the 150psi Coolmist setup for now. I'm going to run it through the the FPR via Dsmlink so I can not only log it my WI, but activate it via RPM & TPS.

I'm going to buy a couple small LED's from Radio Shack and wire them into the system so I have refrence when the pump is on, and the injectors are open. Screw spending $40 for that as an option when a little know how will get'r done for about $5-$10.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back