The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Water injection + Nitrous...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpt4321 said:
Great post! I agree with you completely.

For the most part I do too...but not with nitrous.

95AWD_TSI_TALON,

You are running 25 pounds of boost on pump gas with a 60-1? You must have a VERY killer efficient intercooler. Without the nitrous, the water injection could still help. On the nitrous, the air will already be chilled beyond the water's ability to further chill the air, therefore it would be a waste. On motor would be different.

Regards,

I'm running 26psi with my 50/50 WI. The PTE 50trim really came alive at 22psi. WIthout the WI, I would see knock at 21psi occaisionally when the outside temp was above 95 degrees.

NosLaser said:
For the most part I do too...but not with nitrous.

95AWD_TSI_TALON,

You are running 25 pounds of boost on pump gas with a 60-1? You must have a VERY killer efficient intercooler.

yea, I am running dejohn's race fmic.
matt

Maybe I am completely wrong here, but...... I believe water injection ABSORBS heat. It doesnt "chill" it. Yes, nitrous does cool down the setup a huge amount, BUT when you run a large shot, arent you still creating a big ass controlled explosion that creates HEAT!?!?!? And then the water injection would absorb the heat?

Water injection is not a bandaid by any means. Actually its more efficient than a FMIC. You could completely yank your FMIC and use only WI if you chose to.

As for running a wet nitrous system and WI together...that is normally considered a no-no.

I actually have a www.snowperformance.net WI kit and with the DSMlink I can get alot more timing out of the car when fogging with windshield washer fluid.

I am actually considering pulling my side mount off the car and running only WI.

Its up to you whether you want to cool the charge with fuel or with water. Water is a buttload cheaper!

JJ

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back