The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 3 thrust bearings on a 7 bolt???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I read it too and its a sad story.

Months and months of no communication from bogus led to him having to track down his "shop" and sit there all day for him to show up. When bogus did, motor was not done and everything was a mess.

Sounds like a hack job, maybe he was honest one day and I know he has shared so much knowledge with the forums but now seems to be lazy and greedy.

On the thrust bearing, isnt that how all 98+ blocks are with the 3 pc thrust bearing? Or maybe thats a different piece.

I recently acquired a 98 Talon TSI so I am interested in this 3rd thrust bearing also....since it seems to have developed a rod knock now...I have some bad luck it seems. But I am not complaining, glad I could get this car and now have a first and a last year Talon.

Lol. Ludachris already saved it for me and told me to post is as a buy/seller review type thing. Forget exactly what he said. But anyway, I'll probably be doing that here soon. Then repost it as a specific review towards him on the Link forums, if it's allowed.

That thrust bearing deal is a a fix for a crankwalk. Honestly I would do that if I had a 7 bolt. Extra thrust surface can't hurt, provided the crank is finished for it. I have a 6 bolt that walked I might try it on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back