The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G aligning 7 bolt flange thrust bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadsportz

Proven Member
Dec 12, 2012
Oak Hill, New_York
I'm going to be assembling my 7 bolt with the flange style thrust bearing. How do I make sure my thrust bearing is aligned before I tighten the main gurdle?

Install the bearings into the block side, lubricate with assembly lube.

Install crankshaft.

Install bearings into main girdle and lubricate with assembly lube.

Install your fasteners and tighten them to just "snug" to seat the girdle to the block.

Loosen all fasteners by 1/4 turn.

Place a wedge (some like to use a large, flathead screwdriver) between the main girdle and one of the counterweights in a way which will push the crank towards the rear of the engine.

Using a brass hammer, squarely strike the snout of the crank two or three times.

With the wedge still in place, torque the fasteners.

Remove the wedge and measure your endplay.

**sometimes it's necessary to perform this procedure by striking the crank from the rear as well as the front.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back