The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 2nd gear wot log shitty timing... why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

habitatguy187

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 20, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
I just set my base timing (had to advance it actually)
No boost leaks
fic 850s
e85
42psi base fuel pressure

Took the car for a run and the ecu pulled timing like crazy once i went wot. Before correcting the base timing, car would see 16-18 degrees full timing during pulls. What gives?

Attachments

• 2nd gear mini pull shitty timing advance.elg
    11.8 KB · Views: 12
Because you zero'd the timing slider now.

This is from your clutch cut thread
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is the one you just posted.

I'm not a pro but here's what I'd do.
Fix your tps and throttle position. TPS should be .63v at idle and 5.0v at WOT. Throttle % should be 100% at wot and 0% at idle.
Zero your fuel and timing sliders.
Pull some timing.

Do a WOT pull. Let off if you get knock.
Adjust your MAF slider so your afr's are clean. Keep the cells as smooth as possible.
Once that's accomplished and you have no knock, then start adding timing. You can use the slider at this point, and when you're done, move them into the maxoct table.

Last edited:
She is running pig rich above 5k. Your AFRs are very rich and not following the commanded 11:0

She is running pig rich above 5k. Your AFRs are very rich and not following the commanded 11:0
Well, I tried leaning it out a few pulls after this and it just seemed to run out of steam and not pull as hard. Was about 11.1 afrs during that pull and it showed 2.5 degrees of knock. Also lost 40hp according to link... felt like it too haha
Because you zero'd the timing slider now.
I guess I'm just uneducated. I thought that the ecu would add an advance on its own and that the sliders were used to add even more on top of the factory advance? Thanks for the help guys. I truly appreciate it 🙏

It’ll use the maxoct timing map as long as the fuel is up to par. If it think you have crappy gas, it’ll us the minoct map. When you use the slider, it will add to that number on top of the cell being using in the table.

I looked at both Min and Max maps and it looked like sometimes it was in one and then another. I forgot to look for the interpolate check box.

Well, I tried leaning it out a few pulls after this and it just seemed to run out of steam and not pull as hard. Was about 11.1 afrs during that pull and it showed 2.5 degrees of knock. Also lost 40hp according to link... felt like it too haha

I guess I'm just uneducated. I thought that the ecu would add an advance on its own and that the sliders were used to add even more on top of the factory advance? Thanks for the help guys. I truly appreciate it 🙏
You would take the timing on the sliders and add it to the timing map then zero the sliders out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back