The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2nd DSM, Not Letting This One Go

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Installed an Autometer Boost Gauge with mounting cup.
upload_2020-5-7_3-47-45.jpeg

I didn't like the obvious locations (A pillar, on dash, lower left corner) to install it so I got creative. First I wanted to mount it in the center of my vision but the position and routing of the pressure line and electrical wires stopped that.
upload_2020-5-7_3-58-46.jpeg

Instead I mounted it in the upper left portion of the gauge cluster, only blocking out ABS,SRS,Brake lights and a little bit of the tach.
upload_2020-5-7_4-0-29.jpeg

upload_2020-5-7_4-15-53.jpeg

I used a dremel to cut the posts of the back of the gauge so it could fit in the cup. Be careful when cutting with anything rotating as the build up of heat can melt the plastic housing.
upload_2020-5-7_4-18-5.jpeg

I also had to cut the cup to allow the wires for the light and the gauge to sit as far back in the cup.
upload_2020-5-7_4-20-35.jpeg

Next it was time to cut the hole to hang the cup from.
upload_2020-5-7_4-26-12.jpeg

In order to tighten the clamp around the cup once everything is installed I cut away one side at an angle to access a screw.
upload_2020-5-7_4-24-32.jpeg

upload_2020-5-7_4-29-3.jpeg

I also cut a little notch for the pressure line to fit when the trim piece is up against the gauges. But it's not really necessary as there is a gap for it to fit through.
upload_2020-5-7_4-32-26.jpeg

I tapped the pressure line into the vacuum line connected to the fuel pressure regulator. Sometimes, when starting the car, the gauge doesn't register anything. No vacuum nor boost. After applying some throttle with the engine under load the gauge starts to work properly.

I do like having a way better idea of the boost being made within the engine. That stock "gauge" is terrible.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back