The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A 2gNT Removing MTX bellhousing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the transmission is already out of car the major work is done. Now you literally just remove the bolts that hold the belhousing to the rest of the trans and they separate easily (they are 12mm or 13mm, probably 1\2"). You may have to tap it off with a rubber mallet depending on how much sealant was used. The recommended sealant to use for reassembly is Mopar anaerobic sealant. But I used Permatex Ultra Grey on mine and it has stayed sealed for 2 years now.

Yup, it was actually fairly simple. I read a bunch of threads and they said you start from the back and have to take the whole thing apart i was like that doesn’t make any since so I just went for it. Got it all back together and in the car hopefully on the road soon. Thank you a lot

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back