1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2g Talon taillights

Posted by Mudjug69, May 22, 2019

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Mudjug69

Mudjug69 Proven Member

Joined May 10, 2019
    Quitman, Texas
    Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but I’m trying anyway. Does anyone know where to find aftermarket tail lights for a 95 Eagle Talon esi? I’ve searched and searched and can only fine Eclipse tail lights and I’m pretty sure those are smaller than a Talon

Street Build 92  7

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Eclipse 1998

Eclipse 1998 Proven Member

Joined Jul 21, 2010
    Northwest, Indiana
    I have never seen aftermarket talon taillights produced by a 3rd party. Only ones I have seen that deviated from stock were custom usually one-off projects.

Hope this helps narrow your search.

Street Build 1K  4

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. miguelmcv

miguelmcv Proven Member

Joined May 3, 2009
    Fresno, California
    Not aftermarket, but an OEM is going to be a hard to find.
    With a little luck, you can get a cracked one Lol.

2K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  4. Mudjug69

Mudjug69 Proven Member

Joined May 10, 2019
    Quitman, Texas
    Damn I need to replace one of mine due to a hole that looks like a BB gun shot it. So I was going to go with aftermarket ones but I’ll search around for some OEM ones and see if I can find some

Street Build 92  7

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. DogWhistle

DogWhistle Proven Member

Joined Sep 13, 2012
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Contact Steve Miller at Miller Import Parts. He specializes in recycled DSM parts.

2K  6

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder N/T
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

2K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    manual · 4G63t Swapped

2K  6

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    385 whp · 378 lb/ft · 2G DSM
    Mudjug69 and ThunderChild like this.
  6. Bud92gsx

Bud92gsx Proven Member

Joined Jan 16, 2008
    Wisconsin, Wisconsin
    No one ever made an aftermarket taillight for the talon.
    Heres and idea tho. Take the center off, take it apart. Sand down TALON and stick and led strip in there. :thumb: :mrt:

4K  14  14

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.300 @ 102.400 · 1G DSM
    Mudjug69 likes this.
  7. Dreams Realized

Dreams Realized Proven Member

Joined Jul 23, 2018
    Seattle, Washington
    Yeah there are no aftermarket tail lights unless you switch to a full eclipse rear, which... DONT... our rears look better- Sorry Eclipse owners.

I attempted to have a shop mold me some custom clear lenses, but they wanted $600 for 2 pieces of plastic, so naturally I just painted mine a uniform red using VHT and did some fun LED effects with the turn signal and running lights (see my profile).

I picked up a few spare sets of tail lights for $35 each too from various vendors and junkyards as its best to horde talon parts nowadays seeing as our cars are incredibly rare.

Street Build 566  5

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Mudjug69 likes this.
  8. Kryndon

Kryndon Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2014
    Bulgaria, Europe
    There's no aftermarket options for the Talon tailights. And with good reason. The Talon's rear is by far one of the best/sexiest rears out there (maybe I'm biased?).

The only mod I'd ever do to them if I could is the Viper mod, where they end up looking like the modern Viper's LED lights. It looks absolutely sick and would fool a lot of people. But I think it's too much work and I'm not that good on wiring. Like DogWhistle said, try contacting Miller Import Parts, he's bound to have some stoplights available for the Talon.

Street Build 3K  9

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    14.769 @ 92.22 · 2G DSM
    Mudjug69 likes this.
  9. Dreams Realized

Dreams Realized Proven Member

Joined Jul 23, 2018
    Seattle, Washington
    Lol @Kryndon I love the look of the dodge viper tailights and I think the dimensions would fit with little modification to our cars... I am just not willing to shell out $1,300 ($2,000 if you buy it from mopar) for a non-go fast bit... but hot damn is it tempting

Street Build 566  5

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Mudjug69 and Kryndon like this.
  10. Mudjug69

Mudjug69 Proven Member

Joined May 10, 2019
    Quitman, Texas
    Yea the area I live in there isn’t a single Talon in this area that’s why the moment I had a chance to get one I got it. But I figured there would be some aftermarket parts. I guess not tho. I’ll have to contact miller and see if I can find a driver side one in good condition and replace it. But that’s the least of my worries right now since it needs a transmission but I’m getting one this weekend and wanted to make it road worthy soon so I can start driving around showing my rare piece of history since my other two rare cars I had never got on the road before I got rid of them

Street Build 92  7

1995 Eagle Talon N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM