The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2g roof swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95'RS-T

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Germansville, Pennsylvania
When I first got my car it had a aftermarket sunroof in it and of course I did not like it because it did not sit flush with roof like a stock 2g. Well I got a stock sunroof out of a 2g from the salvage yard and when I went to put it in and like an idiot which I already knew but over looked it somehow it did not fit. Only about 2 inches front and back. My original plan was to cut the roof and weld sheet metal around where it needed to be. I ended up thinking why don't I just get a Roof off a 2g with a sunroof already in it. At times I was very intimidated as I never put a roof on a car before. Well after several hours of measuring, cutting, and welding I got the roof on and I'm very pleased with the out come. The windshield fits perfect as well as the 1/4 windows and hatch. I will post pics as soon as I'm done sanding, grinding and priming the welds.

Very cool. Would love to see pics of that. Now, get ready to have puddles from the great oem sunroof leaks. ROFL Hope you replace the seal.

James :dsm::talon::laser:

sorry no pics yet can't find the cam but will post some. yeah i did not replace the seal yet i just have the glass sitting in on the tracks right now i didn't even put the wiring in yet, but im finishing up the sanding today and going to primer tomorrow

I hate my sunroof....
Too much weight in the wrong place for road racing.

Post pics please.
I'm looking to eliminate my sunroof, but I may just have a custom work body shop do it for me when they paint it Satin Black!

:idontknow: pics?

I was searching the WinCAPS one day and had actually come across the part number where you could order the roofs for our cars either with or with out sunroofs and I thought that was cool

Congrats on doing something I have yet to seen done honestly. Now go find that camera! Also if you get time you could do a tech article on the wiring up of the sunroof. Or the whole install

that is awsome how you got everything to work out with the roof swap im wanting to put a factory sunroof in my 2g but i dont want to hack my whole roof off do you know if it would be possible to just get the tracks,glass,switches,wiring,etc and be able to instal it into my roof if i just cut the hole for the sunroof and wired it up if it would work? i really want to do this asap i just dont want to hack my whole roof off or get rid of my car for one with a sunroof that would just be a waste of all my money i have into mine so far???????????

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back