The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 2g fuel pressure logging, safe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabenne

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2006
Racine, Wisconsin
I opted to skip the format with checklist. Everything is running fine and I just have a question about wiring in an autometer 2246 pressure transducer.

My plan is to take 5v and ground from the MDP circuit (which currently is home to my GM 3 Bar) and use the existing factory front o2 signal wire ecu input. I am already simulating a narrowband in ecmlink and do not have an oe sensor on the car.

My question is will I be at risk of overloading the sensor circuits in the ecu? I plan to leave the GM Map wired the way it is, and will just add a parallel branch to power the autometer transducer.

Which inputs are you guys using for the autometer 2246? Thanks for your time and input.

Alternative is to wire a 7805 voltage regulator to get the 5v from another circuit.

THANKS!

I assume you don't also have the gauge? I'm using the front o2 input for logging the 2246. But I also have the gauge, which requires 12v and self regulates the 5v to the sender.

I would opt to use some sort of regulator from a 12v source just to be on the safe side. It would be cheap/easy enough for having peace of mind of not damaging the sensor power supply should something go awry.

I dont have the gauge, I just picked up the sender. I was kinda thinking that's a better way to go. I am using a LM7805 for 5v to an analog to digital conversion circuit on an amplifier I made and it seems to work well. It does generate some heat tho. I have it stuck to the amplifier chip's heat sink but I would have to figure something else out for this application. I am pretty sure I could figure something out, but I wonder if anyone has other suggestions?

Again as in another post, @Ecmtuning, Tom and Dave ROCK!!! Always very helpful with their knowledge and helping our platform!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back