The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G FMIC install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just got my godspeed intercooler today and it didnt come with directions wondering if any noe can help me?:ohdamn:
MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE 95-99 GST GSX INTERCOOLER KIT VERSION2 [ICK-038] - $500.00 : GodSpeed Project, The Art of Performance

Thing is, there aren't really any instructions to follow with an FMIC kit as everyone has their own preference. You just need to remove your front bumper, find a proper, short, and clean way to route the piping from the Turbo outlet to the driver side of the car, connect to the intercooler, and then run the rest of the piping from the passenger side of the intercooler to the intake manifold, keeping room enough for the BOV and MAF.

It's just trial and error. There most likely will be some cutting. There always is with every one that I've done. Just take your time, measure twice, cut once, and make sure it looks good. Also coat the inside of the couplers with hairspray before you slide them onto the pipes. This will help to keep them from blowing off or developing leaks.

Wow. Did you really pay $500 for that?

What turbo are you attaching this to? Stock?

It's pretty self explanatory; the square flanged pipe replaces the stock throttle body elbow, the pipe with 2 bends connects to that, and the pipe with the nipple on it is for attaching the wastegate vac line. The rest of it is simply mounting the core, routing from the compressor and possibly trimming other parts for fitment. The sharply curved pipe with the 2 bolt flange is the J-pipe for use with a 14b/16G style compressor housing, if you're still using the stock turbo you'll have to figure out how to make the 180 degree turn out the compressor over to the driver's side of the core.

This looks very similar to the punishment kit. I have attached a picture that shows the mating pipes. There should be a 'U' pipe (not pictured) that attaches to the driver side intercooler entrance (see number 4) and the outlet pipe from the turbo (see number 5). IIRC you will need to either remove or cut your front bumper to mount the intercooler.

Godspeed's site also has some pictures of the kit installed, so that should help you as well.

*edit: Looks like I'm a bit late to the party*

Attachments

• Godspeed FMIC.jpg
    Godspeed FMIC.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,101
$500 is expensive as hell for one, especially for a stock turbo, you didn't really need such a big setup if you dont plan on making big power. ebay has IC kits for our cars at maybe $350

A FMIC may actually be worse if your still stock. Will slow your spool and not notice any gains. 500 is way too much for what you are using it for.

i have been buying all the parts for my car from craigs list. but you have to know what your looking at because some people can be shady.

Buy a used or rebuilt MHI 16G, not off of eBay.
Get a set of 560 stock Evo injectors or a set of used 550-650's.
Walbro 190lph, and rewire it.
Innovate wideband.
ECMLink lite.

^

Is likely the best you can do with what's remaining of that $500. That FMIC setup isn't going to do anything but lower spool time and look pretty (hopefully) until you grab the listed upgrades.

Just drive it easy.You've already got the nice big intercooler so just get a bigger turbo and corresponding parts (fuel upgrades and so on). You're better off getting what you got and building up to it and not getting something smaller and having to buy a new one once you've decided to build up!

To be honest a big intercooler on a small turbo is not totally useless like a lot of people are claiming. There will be lag and not much of a HP gain, but it will take longer to heat soak.. if you even can.

If you plan on doing on anything other than drag racing having a large core will help a lot with heat soak. You may not heat soak a SMIC while doing a quarter mile pass but running in boost for a few laps will most likely start causing heat soak.

Just something to think about and make you feel like less of a dumb ass for buying a FMIC others think you don't need.

By the way the kit goes for 285-400 typically. Is there anyway you can get the money back?

500$ for an intercooler kit? id have bought a mhi 16g from fp for 600 and then worry about the intercooler later.

I don't know why some are saying go for the smaller stuff, maybe because of your quoted HP goal, but honestly I have a 20g, 850cc inj, 255lph Wally (noisy btw), DSMLink which is great, and the other usual bolt-on stuff exh/intake etc. My point is if you really look around you can find the next level stuff for about the same price or maybe just like 10-15% more, but he power gain or potential is waaay better imo. I don't have the lag like I thought I would in my 20g. So for the power potential it can put out in comparison to the big16g. I personally would recommend it if the price is similar. That way when/if you want more power you won't be maxed out like you would with the 16. Just a thought :)

I forgot to add that I found a couple sites with pictures ofthe install process which was the original question, here ya go.

1995-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Intercooler Kit : Godspeed Project -

MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE 95-99 GST GSX INTERCOOLER KIT VERSION2 [ICK-038] - $500.00 : GodSpeed Project, The Art of Performance

Lata

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back