The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2G Door Aluminum Handles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmm....if someone is already making them on here maybe I shouldn't. To me were all a community it wouldn't be right for me to step on someone else's toes like that. Opinions?

as long as they weren't to outrageous I bet a ton of people would buy them. I'm sick of broke door handle and I know alot of dsmers that are.

Here's a pic of my old ones when I sold them.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

When I was working at a Chrysler dealer I let a set of white aluminum factory handles slip through my fingers. They were special order so I really did not have a choice. After that set they started sending the regular plastic ones again. Ony two I have ever seen in a Mitsubishi bag.

Pic or it didn't happen LOL I'd like to see the aluminum handles.

here's your pic. they are still "raw" meaning they still have the casting marks in them, and are no where close to polished. i plan to remove them before installation, and polish them. plus im having a shop install them, just to be on the safe side.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I remember, reading somewhere a guy that worked at chrysler would get some in from time to time for customers so I think they were/are an oem part.

When I was working at a Chrysler dealer I let a set of white aluminum factory handles slip through my fingers. They were special order so I really did not have a choice. After that set they started sending the regular plastic ones again. Ony two I have ever seen in a Mitsubishi bag.

maybe it was this guy LOL. But I read it awhile back. Seems same subject came back to life.

the one's i have were made in the early 2000's by an individual, the mold has since been sold. they were 60-80 if i remember correctly, but they havent been available for years, and you just have to stumble across them. i've never heard of an aluminum factory handle, every one ive ever seen is plastic

Did you read greengoblins2011's post on page one sypherzero? That's why everybody's said to be up for a pair. If his tells his dad of the interest, it might be worth his effort.

im gonna talk to the machinest next door to my shop. see if i can possibly get hit to make me a set or mass produce them out of billet alumnum or something.

Oh my god billet aluminum handles I'd def buy a set of those bad boys

im gonna talk to the machinest next door to my shop. see if i can possibly get hit to make me a set or mass produce them out of billet alumnum or something.

The problem is that it would cost quite a bit more to mass produce billet machined handles compared to a cast aluminum handle. Casting takes very very little time compared to sitting up metal blanks into the machine, cutting bits, wear and tear on the machine and so on. The best bet would be to have a mold but out with a cnc machine that start casting them.

Polished aluminum handles would fit my color scheme perfectly.

Has anyone tried to put an electric popper with a pressure switch a la the c6 vettes in these cars? That would solve the handle problem with a quickness.

I know it is a 1g but my dad has shaved door handles with door poppers. Very cool, sucks when the battery dies. Then it is a trip through the hatch to open the door manually. Lol

I had shaved handles and Popper's on my 89 cougar. Loved em just going a different route on this car. Anyway quick update guys hadn't had much chance to talk to pops, moms been in n out of icu. She came home today so ill pester pops over the weekend. Big interest though which is good, that'll probly help.

every door handle i have went through is because the little metal tab gets bent. i took my once again broken door handle off the other day to show to the machine shop and he said he cant really do anything about the plastic part but the metal tab he can definitly do something about. its probably gonna be some time testing some things out though.

A true billet unit cut out on CNC will not be cheap. There is going to be way to much time in each one. I'd be willing to bet 100 a handle min if made out of billet 6061.

What about doing 3 piece and welding/screwing the arms on? handles would have to be CNC'ed but arms could be laser cut

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back