1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2g dimmer switch easiest fix without taking entire dash off

Posted by langelg6, Feb 27, 2020

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. langelg6

langelg6 Proven Member

Joined Nov 4, 2019
    Hammond, Indiana
    hello my 95 eagle talons dash light are out but my tail lights work fine, so I have a replacement dimmer switch for a 2g, but I really ain't tryna take the whole dash off just for that... I will if I have to but im turning to the community to see if there is an easier way xD... I have heard of grounding the black/yellow wire to dimmer switch to the chasis, is there an easy sway to cut it under the dash and wire an extra piece of wire to the body.

2. 1999RSfwd

1999RSfwd Probationary Member

Joined Nov 24, 2016
    Dresden, Tennessee
    When I did mine, I grounded it out. I didn't have to remove the dash, but my hands are also contortionists. It wasn't the easiest, but it can be done without removing the dash.

Street Build 83  1

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  3. spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter Freelancer

Joined Jul 11, 2009
    Fountain, Colorado
    Just get up inside the dash with some screwdrivers and a light. Unscrew it, then unplug it. I say unplug 2nd so if it slips when you remove the last screw, it won't drop down in your face. It's a bit of a pain, but simple enough to do this way.

1K  2

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

1K  3

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  5

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    automatic · 2G DSM