The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1g dsm taking cat off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkstar5456

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2010
Mitchell, South_Dakota
yea i was wondering about.if i can take my cat off i was planning on puttin a staight . 2.5 inch pipe in place of it so my ? is will it affect my car in any i have heard that it will messed it up.but i have seen many dsms on youtube with them off.so any info would help thanks

I'm running 3" straight pipe on my 1G (from previous owner) and I've noticed a few things.

1. The car is louder (obviously).
2. I tend to get backfire on occasion.
3. I don't get CEL.

It's up to you if you want to do straight pipe, but your car WILL NOT be street legal. I haven't noticed anything really negative about the straight pipe (hope I worded that correctly).

Since your N/T the gains will be minimal and the sound will increase a noticeable amount.
Unless your looking for every extra HP, it doesn't really have that much of a drastic effect.

Turbo cars - where less back pressure equals better spool up + power see more of a gain.

You'll perhaps get a more "ricey" or "tin-ish" sound with it removed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back