The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

20g td06 HP record?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I run an Evo III intake manifold with my billet 20g and it seems like a good match for spool and top-end. Was $150 shipped. Also appears stock for the stealth look unless you know what you're looking at.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, half the 20g results aren't even over 300whp. 7 of 14 results are 2xxwhp.

Check the 20g 1/4 mile times list, my buddy's old setup is the #2 car, 11.02 @ 126, weight was 2921 with driver. I'd guess the setup was at least 450-475whp, but we never dynoed it.

I think back when the 20g was popular, most people didn't dyno, or own widebands, or have laptops or DSMlink, most had TMO chips at best. The strategy was pretty much turn the VPC another click and see if MPH picks up.

It's great to see a bit of a resurgence of 20g guys, but I think most people looking for a turbo that size either go with an EVO 16g or one of the newer options. The 20g is still by far one of my favorite turbos for a street car, it's combination of midrange and top end is about perfect.

Also, I don't consider these billet wheels to be a "20g". They're just wheels that happen to share the inducer/exducer size. I'm not saying there isn't power to be gained from them, but I wouldn't consider any dyno numbers or ETs to count as a 20g record.

Are their any mhi style billet wheels out their?

A 4 wheel dyno doesn't exzist where i live, so link's setting are the closest i can get to hp an tq #'s.

Has anyone looked into Snail Turbo? The made my billet aluminum 20G wheel. They have a 6 blade and a 10 blade 20G for the TD05. They can make custom wheels as well. I would love to someone use the 10 blade on the dyno. My personal one is a 6 blade, (dual blade, so 6 tall and 6 short for a total of 12)

I found an interesting read on a billet ball bearing turbo on a different forum.
It seems to be using the 11 blade extended tips and machined to accept the ball bearings.
A supposedly 56lb a min 20g.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/baller-ball-bearing-billet-turbo-176518.html?

that compressor wheel is from 3071, 53/72mm. the 20g is 52.5/68mm. plus the bearing housing is likely garrett and not mitsubishi. what that means is the center section cannort be used with dsm 7cm, 8cm housings because its not a v-band setup.

Check the 20g 1/4 mile times list, my buddy's old setup is the #2 car, 11.02 @ 126, weight was 2921 with driver. I'd guess the setup was at least 450-475whp, but we never dynoed it.

I think back when the 20g was popular, most people didn't dyno, or own widebands, or have laptops or DSMlink, most had TMO chips at best. The strategy was pretty much turn the VPC another click and see if MPH picks up.

It's great to see a bit of a resurgence of 20g guys, but I think most people looking for a turbo that size either go with an EVO 16g or one of the newer options. The 20g is still by far one of my favorite turbos for a street car, it's combination of midrange and top end is about perfect.

Also, I don't consider these billet wheels to be a "20g". They're just wheels that happen to share the inducer/exducer size. I'm not saying there isn't power to be gained from them, but I wouldn't consider any dyno numbers or ETs to count as a 20g record.

I agree the 20g when setup correctly makes the perfect street turbo, untill youi try a 2.3 with hta 73 anyway.

your 20g record is safe. new records will be titled "billet 20g"

Has anyone looked into Snail Turbo? The made my billet aluminum 20G wheel. They have a 6 blade and a 10 blade 20G for the TD05. They can make custom wheels as well. I would love to someone use the 10 blade on the dyno. My personal one is a 6 blade, (dual blade, so 6 tall and 6 short for a total of 12)

theres a few using the 6/6 but no dyno numbers yet. would like to see the 10blade in action as well.

Not all of your top 20G users are getting their cars dynoed, apparently...although 461 is a pretty healthy number for that turbo given it's airflow potential. Keep in mind the 16G numbers were from Curt Brown's car. ;)
This is true ^^^ that is a high compression beast, pretty sure no one is even in that neighborhood, but still, surely someone could get the 20g to 500 considering curts results.

I run their compressor wheel. Im happy with the results. Sadly no link yet. Still waiting to get that to install my fuel system and dyno/tune. Here's a pic of my compressor though

Please post a link log when you get it, whenever that may be

I'm running the Kanugawa brand billet compressor. On my 2.4l my log shows positive intake pressure by 2.4k, by 3k I'm making 12psi, and by 3.7k it's up to 20psi. This was with a TD06 compressor cover, E-III 7cm turbine housing, TD06SL2 turbine wheel, and FP1 cams. The thing hits like a freight train.
I wish I could have seen what this would do on e85 (only 91 here) or meth injection and more boost. Now I'm putting a green sized wheel on for this piss pump gas.
Here's a snapshot from when I had boost set to 19psi. It's making over 45lbs of flow at boost setting.

FYI, I have the compressor wheel and 3" td06 cover listed for sale in the forum classifieds.

The snapshots are nice, but post the log from those snapshots. 2.3l and only 45lb amin seems low. I've hit 45lbs a min on my 2.0 with stock IM/head. With 9:5:1 compression ratio at 23 psi.

Attachments

• buschur 20g 45lb a min.elg
    52.4 KB · Views: 175
The snapshots are nice, but post the log from those snapshots. 2.3l and only 45lb amin seems low. I've hit 45lbs a min on my 2.0 with stock IM/head. With 9:5:1 compression ratio at 23 psi.

comparing apples tp oranges really. 45lbs at 19 psi is really good if the maf flow is acurate.

19psi in a snapshot at 7,000 rpms, means the turbo more than likely has fallen off from a higher psi range.
It's not apples to oranges.
It's a billet 20g vs a clipped 20g.
A 2.3l engine vs 2.0l engine
M vs A/t

^^^^ I know your implying if the meter is accurate not this........
Anyone could change their aflow meter to show more airflow than their really is. For the purpose of the thread and everyone helping out I truly doubt someone would try and take the time to do so.
For the sake of progress I'm going to assume everyone is smart and has their car dialed in accurately with all link posts.

I found an interesting read on a billet ball bearing turbo on a different forum.
It seems to be using the 11 blade extended tips and machined to accept the ball bearings.
A supposedly 56lb a min 20g.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/baller-ball-bearing-billet-turbo-176518.html?
Compressor/turbine swaps don't count when comparing airflow numbers between two similar 20G turbos. If that's the case, here's a 65 lb/min 20G:

Forced Performance Turbochargers: Old School DSM Red

I agree completely with that. :thumb:

That post should be removed.

I felt that I should post this for all to see. I inquired about a turbine wheel from that kawasaki turbo systems that sell billet 20g wheels on ebay and their site...
I'm going to post my FB messaging for you.

6:20am

Brandon Keele
I'm in need the highest cfm flowing forward blade 20g billet wheel wheel you make. My mhi maxed out at 46lbs a min at 30 psi with outside temps in the 50's.

Considering its billet i could care less about lag, more airflow.

Their is to much confusion on rather the 11 blade extended tips flow more than the 12 blade multi sized fins.

November 9
6:58pm
Kawasaki Turbo System
Hi Sir, we do have 20g model compressor wheel..can you please specify the dimensions that you need? and is this wheel is for you own consumption?
hope to receive your reply soon.

8:17pm
Brandon Keele
For me yes. I need your highest flowing 20 g billet wheel

Tuesday
5:34pm
Brandon Keele
Any ideas? I'm unsure why your not helping sell me one.

Tuesday
9:00pm
Kawasaki Turbo System
Hi Brandon, I'm Dong, can you provide me email address? or you can me an email to ([email protected])..i think it will be easy if we can go through by email.
we do have 20g compressor wheel, i can send you the dimensions.
hope to receive your reply soon.

Friday
11:21am
Brandon Keele
You don't even know your own parts?

Friday
8:28pm
Kawasaki Turbo System
before we giving you a further quote, can you please specify what design of 20g you desire to have? like 11+0 or 6+6? reverse or forward? or either? please send me an email([email protected]) if you require more information about 20g wheel

Today
6:48am
Brandon Keele
I asked you for a forward blade 20g billet wheel. In doing so I inquired asking you if the 11+0 blade flows more air than than the 6+6 multiblade? So I can choose what style is best suited for the highest flowing 20g.
Ps. Your email you keep sending keeps failing. It's not working.

8:21am
Kawasaki Turbo System
Hi Brandon.
in this case, we are unable to provide you the actual performance gain of the wheel, some of our customer reflect to us that 11+0 is good, and some of them said that 6+6 is good, it's depend on personal requirement.
but i suggest you can buy either 1 design from us to do a try , i think the result is more clear after you have try it. we do have 20g with 11+0 blade and tapered tip design. for this wheel our KTS code is MFSd645,and the price is USD209.55/pcs(not including freight charges).

They don't know anything about any flow character of their own product. I cannot by any means see anything good comming from a co. that just cuts random designs out of billett.

I agree. I've been trying to communicate with these guys and it's been just a rather painful experience. As of this time I don't even see their 20g wheels on eBay anymore. If they are just copying other designs I guess they should work ok. I also have never seen on their site or eBay any mention of these wheels being balanced so it may not just be a bolt-on wheel like the more established vendors that supply balanced parts. Another thing, the price. It seems they were like $130 (+ shipping) when they first listed them on eBay and I got a quote from Dong via email for $189 and now you got one for $209??? The biggest appeal to me was this companies pricing when they first started listing their product but now it's getting up to the price of more established vendors and with their crappy-ass communication I'm getting turned off to this company quick. I haven't completely written them off but for now I'm doing the wait-and-see for others results with them.

I just got one of the KTS 20g wheels here. These wheels are really nice from a design standpoint. I got the regular 20g that weighs 60.5 grams. The blade area is WAAY bigger than standard 20g. More than 15% increase in size. Closer to 20%. Bigger than the kanugawa from what I can tell from pictures. Doesnt necessarily mean it will work better, but sure looks like it will. The material and machining is top notch. far nicer looking in person. The material is also very stiff. I can feel blade flex when I squeeze hard on mitsu blade. But no flex at all on this KTS blade. Dont have an immediate use for it. but wish I did.

I just got one of the KTS 20g wheels here. These wheels are really nice from a design standpoint. I got the regular 20g that weighs 60.5 grams. The blade area is WAAY bigger than standard 20g. More than 15% increase in size. Closer to 20%. Bigger than the kanugawa from what I can tell from pictures. Doesnt necessarily mean it will work better, but sure looks like it will. The material and machining is top notch. far nicer looking in person. The material is also very stiff. I can feel blade flex when I squeeze hard on mitsu blade. But no flex at all on this KTS blade. Dont have an immediate use for it. but wish I did.

I'd like to check out some pic's if you don't mind.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back