The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

500 hp vs 740 hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You guys are taking #s into consideration, but what about driving skills?? To me thats a bigger issue than hp. We have all seen it at our local tracks, guy shows up with 100-150 more hp just to loose his a$$ to a slower car. Just something to think about.....

To put this into perspective, AMS Evo has run a best of 9.23 @ 160 with 1000 hp. This guy does not run 8's with 740 hp.

So marco ran an 8.xx @ 160 at the shoot out last year on a stock 1g head ( flow rates) and with only 800 hp... whats the point?

no way in hell is that guy running 8s with 740hp.... to put it in pespective I know a guy with a colt fwd mind you that made 700whp weighing 2000lbs and his car ran 10.5 and 148mph that is no where near the trap of an 8 sec pass even if he did have taction of awd.

JP!!! RIP Colt.

that was like 2 day in my town all asshole and dumass's he had a auto 1g turbo he said he runs 10's i said ok what you got he aid cold air intake and qtp exaust cut out i cas craking up in his face then he left with a bang literally in2 a cop hahahaha thought i would share

so how did this get brought back from the dead?

Well, I wouldn't have considered it dead, but dying... yes. March 18th wasn't that long ago. Plus, I believe it was revived due to the last poster (18th), his reply was... somewhat illegible :p

Well, I wouldn't have considered it dead, but dying... yes. March 18th wasn't that long ago. Plus, I believe it was revived due to the last poster (18th), his reply was... somewhat illegible :p

Prior to that it was really dead though, sometime in 06 :confused:

I was jibber jabbering with this guy that said his 740 hp eclipse runs 8's in the 1/4.I thought that was alittle off.But when I was explaining why I just can't belive him,he said I suck and started bashing my Colt.Of course after taking anger managemet for a year,I just laughed it off.But it really pissed me off after thinking about it,So my question is could a 500 hp w
2100 lbs car handle a track run against this 2900+ 740 hp eclipse?
Factors are 60-1 vs GT40,both are AWD.I just can't even make sense of all of the crap he was talkin.Most people in my region would have heard of this guy,but no one has.I don't think he's SHEP material.

Is this not bench racing?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back