The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G 1G Talon NA ECU

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blkapache01

Proven Member
Mar 28, 2017
Birmingham, Alabama
Hey folks,

I deduced my issue of my no start when cranking. I got everything back to regular idle after a LONG time of erratic and high idle. I installed a new rack and pinion set, bled it and was all good. As soon as I changed the oil before taking it to get an alignment, it started acting up again. I thought the ignition or PTU was the the culprit but after trying to start it several times, I realized that the Check Engine Light stopped working which was an indication the ECU was bad. This ECU came from a junkyard a few yrs back so I'm looking for another one or maybe fix this one. I included pics. Anyone here offer repair and if so, how much? It's a 91, Talon, 2.0 non turbo. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20201005_211444.jpg
    20201005_211444.jpg
    960.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20201005_211709.jpg
    20201005_211709.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20201005_211713.jpg
    20201005_211713.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 37
I see original capacitors and the corrosion from them leaking. Somebody likely has a good one, just make sure that capacitors are replaced and there is no damage that will cause problems going forward.

I see original capacitors and the corrosion from them leaking. Somebody likely has a good one, just make sure that capacitors are replaced and there is no damage that will cause problems going forward.

Thanks, Steve. That's exactly why I posted the pics because I couldn't tell where the leaking and corrosion were coming from but I knew it had to be a bad ecu. Do you know if anyone in the forum still repairs? I'll get another one but if repairing is a cost comparable option, I can also go that route.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back