The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink 1g problems ecmlink related?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buhay6

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2010
Delisle, SK_Canada
Ok for the past year or so I've been battling problems with my 1g lean AFR's at idle, miss's at certain RPM's and unbelievable knock rates for no apparent reasons. I've boost leak tested to exhaustion and have eliminated all boost leaks, I converted back to a 1g from a 2g maf, then back to a 2g maf and my cars completely undrive-able now. It worked some what when I first installed the 2g maf, just lean idle's, rich at max boost and a miss around 3000-3500 rpm's. but after I converted back to a 1g maf it just cut throttle and got jerky at above 4000 rpm, so I went back to the 2g maf and same results as the 1g maf now.
More problems I'm having is I just adjusted my TPS to the correct voltage 0.63v as per Jafro's video and it was fine for the first few times I started the car now it changes every time I check it for a while it was sitting at 0.54v at 0% throttle. Then the wideband reading in link is also being weird it'll show 13.8 when the wideband's showing 13.4 and after I give it a rev link will show 13.9 and wideband will be showing 12.5....
Link is showing a barometric sensor fault code in link diagnostics as well which comes and go's. it was showing a knock sensor code before I tried to convert back to 1g maf and hasn't come back (knock sensors brand new)

I'm on the verge of throwing in the towel and parting it out after 6 years of work. I cant remember the ecmlink forum user name and password which is why I'm on here asking for help.

I've got logs I'm going to try and put up for you guys to look at and tell me what you see.

Current mods
Punishment racing FMIC
2G maf conversion (as per write up)
Ecmlink (obviously)
Walbro 255
Fuel pump rewire
Fuellab AFPR
Ported 14b
Innovate MTX-l wideband
boost gauge
NGK 8mm plug wires
BPR6ES

installed a freshly rebuilt engine, FMIC and link all at the same time and have had these problems ever since.

Attachments

• test log 1 2g maf.elg
    168.7 KB · Views: 23
  • test log 2 2g maf.elg
    98.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back