The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1g non turbo to turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95tale

Proven Member
Jul 26, 2013
hamersville, Ohio
Wondering what all I would need to do a swap from a 2.0 non turbo to a 2.0 turbo. I have a 1gen 93 eclipse I have a turbo engine on the way with a full turbo set up. And a set of 450 cc injectors would I need a tune to or can I just swap the ecu to a 93 turbo ecu only plan on running like 14 psi.

Wondering what all I would need to do a swap from a 2.0 non turbo to a 2.0 turbo. I have a 1gen 93 eclipse I have a turbo engine on the way with a full turbo set up. And a set of 450 cc injectors would I need a tune to or can I just swap the ecu to a 93 turbo ecu only plan on running like 14 psi.

Use the search function please. This is one of the top 25 questions asked monthly.

DSM Forums - 1g Non-turbo -> Turbo swap
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/new...-engine-ecu-swap-will-pass-ny-inspection.html

If your getting a stock turbo engine with stock turbo and stock injectors then of course you can run a stock ecu (same ecu as engine/driveline so must be a turbo manual ecu or turbo auto ecu depending on which you have.) your going to have to get a wiring harness too I think?

Im sticking with the 93 7 bolt engine so I shouldn't need a harness right? I should be able to just hook up the ecu. U would think anyway

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-turbo-system-intercooler/48231-installing-turbo-4g63-into-nt-4g63.html

look about half way down the page for this part

ECU and Wiring Harness:
Here is the 1g turbo ECU Color Coded Pinouts, this is invaluable when working with the engine wiring harness: http://www.dsmtalk.com/gallery/data/...2_Model_1_.jpg

You will need the turbo ECU. Simple as that.

You can either obtain a stock 1g turbo engine wiring harness or modify your factory Non/Turbo harness by adding the following wires:

7th wire from MAS - the 7th wire from the mas needs to be run back to ECU pin #6. This wire is for the stock boost gauge (which is worthless anyways) so you can skip this step and use the stock N/T MAS, especially if you are keeping the N/T gauge cluster (as it doesn't even have the boost gauge. Either way, make sure you buy a real boost gauge.

Knock Sensor - One wire can be grounded to the engine bay somehow, the other white wire needs to be run back to ECU pin #9.

Wastegate Solenoid - One wire here will be grounded, the other returns to the ECU pin #105. Or you can switch to a Manual Boost controller (MBC), in which case this solenoid will be unnecessary.

Injector Resistor Pack - Here is a tech article written by TimG on how to wire the Fuel Injector Resistor Pack into a non-turbo harness: Injector Resistor Pack Wiring (1G N/T -> Turbo Conversion)

Here are the factory ECU prints. The highlighted ones need added, and the model is in the upper corner so you don't get confused.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back