The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g & 2g oem crank pulley same?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i know im bringing this 1 from the grave, but Id like a deeper answer to the question.

My old 2g had the pulley break, and i used a 1g piece, so i know it fits. But is this an issue? Are they all pretty much the same? Is one stronger, lighter, etc etc? Are there really 3 different pulleys?

I talked to Mike at RRE when my crank pulley was seperating and he shipped me a 1g pulley, even when I told him it was for a 2g. He told me he was doing me a favor because they don't tend to seperate like the 2g ones...

:dsm:

I talked to Mike at RRE when my crank pulley was seperating and he shipped me a 1g pulley, even when I told him it was for a 2g. He told me he was doing me a favor because they don't tend to seperate like the 2g ones...

:dsm:

This would have helped me when doing my regular maintenance, but the 2g pulley does work. Too bad some other vendors do not explain this favor.

It seems like all the diameters are the same for both pulleys. Were you going with oem or aftermarket?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back