The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1990 Talon TSI AWD manual transmission replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5KeresUNOH

Probationary Member
Dec 17, 2013
Lancaster, Ohio
In major need of a used or new transmission for my 1990 AWD talon tsi. If any one could help me find one that'd be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone knows of any business who sells full transmission internals like gearsets shift forks syncros tob countershaft , the whole nine yards.

In major need of a used or new transmission for my 1990 AWD talon tsi. If any one could help me find one that'd be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone knows of any business who sells full transmission internals like gearsets shift forks syncros tob countershaft , the whole nine yards.

I know these are respected trans shops in the community, but there are probably others. I have personally used Team Rip, but it was damn near 14 years ago when I was in high school heh

http://www.teamrip.com/awd.html
Sheptrans | Specializing in Nissan GTR, EVO and DSM transmissions
Jacks Transmissions LLC

Edit, funny enough, Shep is 2 hours from your location... I would definitely hit them up if I were you. :)

check in the classifieds under 4g63 parts aswell as the part outs. Should be able to spot something there also theres a wanted section to toss an add up too.

After going through 2 used stock transmissions, I decided to get a rebuilt one from Jacks Transmission. They are good quality at a reasonable price. They have different transmissions for different power levels. I was a bit disappointed with their slow service though.

Shep no longer does DSM stuff unless you contact them directly and they don't really want to do them. Jack's sells all those parts you are looking for. I bought a custom rebuild kit from them, just called directly for pricing, took about two weeks to get my gears machined and sent back to me, then I had a shop install everything. I couldn't be happier with the quality of their work

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back