The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1990 Eagle Talon TSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some parts arrived last night! Please save the criticism for another build thread. I chose this setup due to being the only one I could afford at this particular time.

8a2a3yva.jpg

harazuge.jpg

2esa3ypa.jpg

Got some more done with the talon. Finished cleaning up the transmission. Also got the clutch assembly bolted up. This weekend I'll be putting it all back together and starting the break in process with the clutch. Here's some pictures.

u4y7enu9.jpg

ja8adydy.jpg

retega3e.jpg

unuga3eb.jpg

7yta8y5y.jpg

7uqytyme.jpg

aryme5eh.jpg

ygujaby2.jpg
nehaqasa.jpg
8anysaru.jpg

myzu5y2u.jpg
jedamapu.jpg

You keeping this car going and clean has really motivated me to get mine done faster keep up the great work and keep posting....just fyi i miss both my 90's

You keeping this car going and clean has really motivated me to get mine done faster keep up the great work and keep posting....just fyi i miss both my 90's

Thanks so much for the compliment. Words like those keep me motivated to get the car completed faster. I know my build isn't the most expensive, fastest, or cleanest but I do take pride in my Talon and try to make everything as clean as I possibly can. I love attention to detail with every car. Just for you 4G63gst1990 I'm gonna post an update. :)

Here's another update!

Got the car all buttoned up and back on the road. The break in miles for the clutch have started and I am now at around 150. The clutch feels great. I haven't really ripped on it yet given that the clutch isn't broken in fully. I also couldn't pass up a set of Drop Engineering motor mounts that were on the classifieds. Props to Gtrej01 for a great sale. He is a great seller with great detail, communication, and fast shipping. I'm looking forward to doing business with him in the future! I grabbed these mounts solely because of the great price. Just couldn't pass this one up. They also have a lifetime warranty and will make the bay look a tad bit cleaner. I just love the one time buys. I also had to find a way to hide my rusted exhaust manifold because everyone one my buddies would comment "only if you had an aftermarket manifold" LOL I made a run to the junkyard and grabbed a stock heat shield and gave it a nice shine. Here's some pictures!

yvy7yve5.jpg

uvy4aby7.jpg

You can see the tranny after the cleaning packed in there.

ehusepem.jpg

ape3ynug.jpg

Here are the mounts I picked up!

y5y6aba4.jpg

Nice find. If I roll up to a car for sale and the seats are in "lean like a cholo" mode, I'm outa there.

Got a small update. My mounts came and they look great! Also I picked up a blox 490 shift knob. It's a quality piece and it weighs a ton. Made driving my car a lot more fun. Sucks that the only color they had in our thread pitch was matte gold. Oh well. I also did little inspection of my driveshaft assembly and seen that both of my carrier bearings were toast! Here's some pictures.

ybamy8u6.jpg

ameze8e4.jpg

ge5e5ysa.jpg

yruhupyq.jpg

pebegeby.jpg

humapuge.jpg

This is inspiring me to do a good job with my next 1g! Wish I could find a clean rust free car up here in WI.

This is inspiring me to do a good job with my next 1g! Wish I could find a clean rust free car up here in WI.

That's the exact purpose of my build thread! I'm glad it's helping you guys! Thanks for the kind words robs90tsi! :)

Finally for the mounts installed. It was actually very straight forward. I used just a floor jack and was able to get all of the mounts done! I started with the front and rear roll stops then did both sides. The mounts fit very well and bolted right in! They are truly a quality part. Thanks again to Drop Engineering and Gtrej01. The old mounts were in decent condition aside from the driver side mount. It was completely ripped. The new mounts are great the car feels more solid a little more responsive and best of all the transmission doesn't move my shifter anymore. :) great purchase and very pleased. I did get a small scare. I started the car after a couple days of rest. Let it warm up for about 5 mins and then took it for a spin to make sure the mounts were fine. I heard a little knock/rattle noise that would accelerate with the rpm's I pulled over to pop the hood and see where the noise was coming from. I hit the throttle body and it was coming from the long block. I let the car idle for about 8 mins then continued to drive it. When I got home the sound was completely gone and the car sounded completely normal! I did have nasty lifter tick so I'm guessing it's about time to throw in a new revised set of 3G lifters! Let's hope that fixes that noise. Here's some pictures!

a3aby9ym.jpg

7ehemy3y.jpg

za4a7yma.jpg

ne2a3u7u.jpg

my5abe6a.jpg

7u7ubavy.jpg

6y3ejy7u.jpg

y8yne3ap.jpg

9ubabu5e.jpg

I have the black avid mounts and i love them but my friend wants the ones like you have...and keep updating i love reading this thread

I have the black avid mounts and i love them but my friend wants the ones like you have...and keep updating i love reading this thread

Will do sir! I was blown away by the quality of the mounts! They come with a lifetime warranty and replacement inserts are only $16 can't beat that!

Subscribed, Great build buddy, this almost exactly how i would like to build my 91 TSi.

your giving me great ideas and Inspiration to speed up my build.

Keep up the great work man!

Here's an update on the Talon guys. I decided to put it down for the winter in search of more power. I got bit by the tuck bug and now I'm planning to do a fuse box relocation and harness tuck. I yanked off my old turbo setup and am now in the process of moving on to a new setup. Here's some pictures guys.

The disassembly begins.

u9enu5a2.jpg

muruba4u.jpg

byzy3aty.jpg

One random day I decided to attend a local swap meet type of event and came away with this. It was the most random find but I couldn't beat $5. I also purchased a new 1990 service manual! Something I should of gotten a long time ago. Guess it's time to retire my old Chilton manual.

teqy6yhu.jpg

One cool thing I did was removed a huge stack of old registration tags from my back license plate. It was every tag from 1989 til now. I love these cool finds.

qehabu2a.jpg

7e4ehahy.jpg

Yanked out the harness. Getting ready to shrink it. Believe it or not but that thing weighs like 15 lbs.

vedemedy.jpg

a9ejuzyd.jpg

pedasyzy.jpg

Here's the bay after it's been removed. So much more work to do! Sure is gonna be fun and a learning experience though!

qy5umada.jpg

my6u2e8y.jpg

ga5e8u8u.jpg

vu7ada9u.jpg

I purchased an abs delete kit solely because the front brake likes are steel braided. I am going to tuck them as well as upgrade my clutch line to a steel braided line to get rid of the hard lines.

dyhegahy.jpg

Back to the build i must have not checked out this build thread in a while, found my rust free dsm too last year, i like the abs delete i had to make my own, wanting to grab some ss lines to replace my worn rubber ones, for brakes.

Back to the build i must have not checked out this build thread in a while, found my rust free dsm too last year, i like the abs delete i had to make my own, wanting to grab some ss lines to replace my worn rubber ones, for brakes.

Thanks for dropping in! I figured that the braided line would be easier to hide away. :thumb:

For any of the tuners that are interested in my plans for the wire tuck and fuse box relocation I'll try and explain my plans as clearly as possible. Well I decided that I will be cutting any harnesses off that will not be used. I will provide a list of what I'm planning to delete. I'm planning to relocate the fuse box to the passenger side foot well. I will lengthen the necessary wires and lead them through the fender to the engine bay. I will be cutting out a 2 1/4 inch hole on the middle lower part of the firewall between the shift cables and steering joint. This is where the main harness will branch out from. I plan on keeping only the necessary harnesses and making it as thin as possible. I am looking to use nylon expandable mesh loom to give it that clean look.

Here are the harnesses I plan to delete. (Keep in mind this is a 1990 harness)

-AC harnesses (still determining harnesses and harness codes)
-EGR Temp B-08
-Cruise Control A-11
-Wiper Motor A-09
-Wastegate Solenoid A-51
-Engine Coolant Temp Switch for AC B-31

Also considering deleting power steering.

Yeah those are some nice pieces, so is wirecable some good heat shrink, and wire cover. Im getting around to getting mine done soon, I like that fmic, I like the elbow gotta get one and have my bung welded for my iat.

Small update guys. I have stripped most of the wire loom from the harness and now have exposed the wiring. My plan for this is to take one clip at a time and trace it's wires back to the ecu clips to delete them. I did notice that some wires are tied into other wires. It's going to be a very time consuming job but I just keep a level head and try not to move too fast.

uratu6un.jpg

uqy8ubyb.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back