The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G 14b LIMIT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanzomg

Proven Member
May 18, 2015
melrose park, Illinois
I've got a 14b recently on my DSM, had a 20g that is needed of a rebuild so I threw that 14b on meanwhile. I was running 28psi on the 20g. I'd like to know what's the limit of these 14bs boost wise? I'm trying to have fun with it without causing a catastrophe. I've had luck last season maxing out a E316g @32psi falling down to 28psi.

Compressor map is tall but those efficiency islands are wafer-thin. If you're driving a 43mm compressor that hard you're spinning your wheels.

(Pun intended)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

25psi is 2.7pr on the map. You're well beyond ideal efficiency...I'd say it's only a matter of time before the nut compressor nut comes loose at boost levels that high as most of those units have right-hand threaded shafts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back