The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1300$ Head Rebuild budget

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stock head components can do 400+ whp, its the bolt on's and the tune that put the power to the pavement. Since your asking for specific parts heres my head build that I did on a budget, which was less than $1300.
-FP2 cams... $300 (used from our classifieds)
-Evo IX valve springs & retainers... $40 (used off of SoCalEvo)
-engnbldr SS valves, engnbldr bronze valve guides, Topline revised lifters... $200 (engnbldr vendor off eBay)
-ARP head studs... $80 (new but "used" from our classifieds)
-Mitsu composite headgasket... $60 (extremepsi)​

Of course I had a machine shop resurface, clean, and do a valve job on the head before I installed everything on the car which came to $200. I also replaced ALL my gaskets when I pulled the head and did the install, I ordered the 2g HG Replacement Kit from extremepsi.

:dsm:

Thanks for posting this. There have been some crazy suggestions posted on this thread.

For $1300 you can build a head to handle 10,000 rpm . It's all about what you want and how much shopping around you do. Search the classifieds and don't be afraid to buy used parts. Evo springs and retainers are a great choice along with the Engnbuilder package for your goals. Like stated, stock heads can handle north of 400hp. . Don't listen to all the BC haters on here. Most of them have never had any type of experience with BC stuff and just assume from what they hear, it was true. BC cams WILL make power period. Maybe not as much as some others, but still make power. They are a good budget cam and can be had for cheap. Anyway..get a good used set of cams, do some basic bowel work to the head , resurface it, and be done. Run 10's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back