The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

10 Seconds On Straight Pump Gas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

I saw your video on you tube a few months back, and I am only on page 11 of this thread...but I just wanted to say that I for one believe fully that you guys made the pass on straight 93 octane. It is clear that you guys are experienced, and at the very least have the knowledge needed to push the limits on a max effort pump gas car. A few have mentioned this earlier, but I will also add that even the most basic of tuners can look at a GT3076R compressor map, and see how efficient it is in the ~2.5PR/50lb min range, compared to archaic/old turbo designs such as a 60-1/60 trim etc. Combining this with 15 years of logs and technical advice from tuners that have made the power in the past, I for one feel that it was only a matter of time before 4g63 dsm's were running in the 10's and 9's on pump. I for one wish you guys (well really young guys by the looks of it, LOL ) the best of luck. There is no doubt in my mind that you guys can get this thing to run a 9.xx, given your effort, and bank account. :)

Cheers.

Nick

Yep, full slicks. Here are a couple vids for you guys. First is the best pass of the night. Smacked the limiter right after launch, then didn't wanna grab second. Bogged then spun miserably. Grabbed third and it kicked sideways a little then hooked and took off. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Second vid is 3 wheel drive baby, LOL. I almost caught that stupid Integra that trapped 130.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO4bSc4fDpQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfIpiqdCh2E

super95awd said:
Yep, full slicks. Here are a couple vids for you guys. First is the best pass of the night. Smacked the limiter right after launch, then didn't wanna grab second. Bogged then spun miserably. Grabbed third and it kicked sideways a little then hooked and took off. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Second vid is 3 wheel drive baby, LOL. I almost caught that stupid Integra that trapped 130.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO4bSc4fDpQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfIpiqdCh2E

FYI, temperature was 90+ degrees the whole night, track temp was 135, and humidity was somewhere around 80%. Haha, not the best of conditions for traction or power.

Nate
TPG

super95awd said:
My Tial 44 has a 26psi spring :)

How did you manage to get a 26psi spring?

You weigh the car yet did doing all that weight loss.

Havn't weighed it yet, and its a 20psi spring with a 6psi helper spring.

And as for hybrid dynamics...he's lucky I only grabbed traction in 4th gear. I ALMOST caught him like that, it would have been sickening otherwise ;) I closed a big gap over the 2nd 1/8th mile.

super95awd said:
Havn't weighed it yet, and its a 20psi spring with a 6psi helper spring.

What color is the 20psi spring? Why isn't it on their site?

Why are you getting slower. I thought when you wents slicks you would atleast get back to your mythical 10's on pump but it seems your car is now just getting slower.:(

Slippi84 said:
Why are you getting slower. I thought when you wents slicks you would atleast get back to your mythical 10's on pump but it seems your car is now just getting slower.:(

They were street radials, not quite slicks. He has dropped a bunch of weight and the car is making more power. Once he figures out how to control the beast and get the power to the ground the numbers will be getting lower.

nanokpsi said:
So now you are spraying Nitrous on top of your 30 psi and pump gas...

I take it you don't car if the motor pops since you are obviously diasabling the knock sensor is some fashion.
With this "way more power" it certainly doesn't seem to be throwing up 140+ traps either..especially for the weight
What makes you think he is disabling the knock sensor? They said a page or two back that they were getting a couple counts but that was it. If it was disabled he wouldnt be able to say that. AMS didnt trap 140+ in their 1000hp evo when they were spinning that bad, due to the fact they had to let off or feather the gas. I would'nt worry too much about him popping his motor. He obviously has an expert tuner to make it this far. Most people never see 10's on c16, he's doing it with 93 octane. You need to give him a little more credit than what you are giving him.

Ya I think you need to step up off a little bit, either that or we can just line up at the shootout and see what happens. NO NITROUS... Feed line was not hooked to the bottle, bottle was not filled. The car just makes a ton more power. Last time we ran about 29psi, 22 degrees of advance, and 11.8 AFR's. This time we ran about 32psi, 20 degrees of advance, and 12.0 AFR's. Our airflow numbers (once you add back in the 54% that the MAF-T is pulling out of the signal) are ridiculous. No Hoosiers, M/T is my man. :thumb: And for the record, that motor is going no where. And again, what's with this magical 140mph trap number flying around????? Just because people can't drive doesn't mean a car can't be fast with a lot lower trap. And yes, when AMS was spinning all over the place their traps sucked bad. The only gear I got a clean pull in was 4th, and I had to short shift out of 3rd and let it bog in 4th due to spinning.

According to my calculations, 77.xx lb/min

How??? I have no idea...

do you have any new logs from dsmlink
p.s. your still doing an amazing job!!!:thumb:

super95awd said:
More importantly I have no idea how it's flowing 78lb/min. It better be fast, but we never expected that much power.

I think you're calculating wrong, or something is off.

That's ~26 lbs/min more than the max flow on the 30R. A few pounds, maybe, but not 26. Unless the rest of the 3052/GT30R community is doing something horribly wrong.

red91gst said:
FYI, temperature was 90+ degrees the whole night, track temp was 135, and humidity was somewhere around 80%. Haha, not the best of conditions for traction or power.

Nate
TPG

Also the fact that at Pittsburgh RaceWay they dont allow you to drive around the burnout box. So he was running up to the line with basically wet tire's. I was really hoping he woulld get to line up with Danl that would of been nice to see that night. Dan was running high 11's all night with around the same traps, when do you see fwd getting out of the hole as fast as AWD.

Its called a 3052 because it use a gt30 turbine wheel and a 52lb/min compressor wheel.
The FP3065 flows 65lbs/min.

Maybe the rest of the 30r community is doing something horribly wrong.....believing that things are set in stone and that certain things are just impossible. Right now we are proving to the community that many things are possible that we never could have imagined when all of us first got into it. I know for a fact that in my last runs the car was flowing 69lb/min, and I also know for a fact that it was flowing a hell of a lot more this time around, 590g/s to be exact. Also, my 60 foots weren't really horrible at all for literally grabbing no traction. The best of the night was a 1.600 with no traction whatsoever. The thing that absolutely killed the times was spinning halfway through 3rd, that just doesn't work. On one of my passes I came through the 1/8th mile traps at 89mph, spinning like no other. Grabbed 4th gear and ended up trapping 127.9. That's a hell of a lot of mph to pick up. Just imagine what they could have been if I would have been in 4th gear where I should have. Bottom line, I shouldn't have even said anything about the times cause I should have figured people would just whine and complain about how I did this and did that and the car is slower. I should have just waited till it had slicks. I can't win :(.

Oh and just to clear things up, turbos' flow rates are not MAX flow. Depending on the setup, you can see much more.

yeah, engine demand is really what gets the most out of a turbo. Thats why Cams up the peak hp so much. They are designed to flow a lot more air at higher rpms, unlike factory cams.

I believe you, its a little far fetched, but it isn't impossible. I've heard some other things that would make a lot more sence, but as far as getting bad times, sometimes things just don't work out for you, Im not going to get pissed at you for pulling 11's. In theory, you should be able to get a better time with better tires since they will have more traction, but you would have to have magic feet that knew exactly what tps would keep the tires in traction, but exactly at the limit of adhesion. Some people just have no patience, with cars, nothing should be rushed imo.

get some slicks and put down some great numbers, I can't wait to see them.

I'm well aware that the max choke isn't the end of the map. However, pushing a turbo to almost another 30lbs/min isn't something that just happens.

You have to take the criticism or stop posting. This is the Internet, where anyone can say anything about everything. You need proof to back everything up.

I said before, I'd love to see the car run 9's. In person, in fact (I really need to get my ass to PRP anyways to run my pile.) However, it doesn't add up in the end. There's always going to be people pushing the bar and all of that, but it's as if you guys skipped the bar and went straight to the finish line. That is why everyone is skeptical.

Hopefully all the criticism Andrew is just giving you more motivation b/c we all know this thread will either end with you proving everyone wrong, or failure.

PS, I don't recall seeing any info on your suspension setup - at power levels and weight levels you're at I'd think that be pretty important.

super95awd said:
Oh and just to clear things up, turbos' flow rates are not MAX flow. Depending on the setup, you can see much more.

You (or the person who told you this crap) is wrong. The maps can be exceeded by a small amount, but that is becasue they are "mapped" at less than atmospheic pressure. However, you are talking about a few % in over run here, not "much more".

Your 52lb/min wheel isn't going to do much better than 510-520whp on a dynojet. Sorry to burst you bubble. If you or your tuner honestly believe you are flowing over 700whp worth of air, you should really have someone else work on the car. I guess your maxing out some 1000cc injectors as well.....Your power at full weight is right around 130mph traps. Take a bunch of weight out and you could have some traction problems and hit slower traps.

If 32psi and 12:1 afr on pump gas is hard to believe for you, it should be. If it is not then I am willing to bet you have never used dsmlink.

Andre did put down 503whp with a 49lb compressor wheel. The compressor wheel in the 3052 dosen't really get out of its efficiency range until around 54lbs. Perhaps 540-550whp is possible with increadible tuning on the 3052, which this car does have.

When I had a maf translator and a dsmlink I would see 55lbs/min of airflow on a 16g.
The problem is the translator. The number you are seeeing just is not acurate at all.

I believe the HP numbers and the et you ran but the airflow you are seeing just isnt real when using a translator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back