The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

10 Seconds On Straight Pump Gas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, believe it or not, the car actually made enough power and was light enough that traction just wasn't happening. We ended up dropping pressure all the way to 13psi, and finally it SORT of hooked up, but broke the other stupid fu(kin rear axle in the same exact place. The car is absolutely nuts once it grabs traction and noses up about midway through 3rd gear. Qualified first (for some reason not many real fast cars came) with an 11.3 at 126. Then we broke the other axle. I tried my best to run basically 2wd and make it to the finals. Pulled a 2.0 60 foot which wasn't bad and feathered it through 2nd and 3rd. When I finally laid into it, I was walking down the turbo Integra like it was a Toyota Prius. Made it right at his rear bumper but just didn't have quite enough room. He went 11.97 to my 12.12 at 127.5 LOL. I think we're going to go to a full slick as the car is just making too much power. Last pass was somewhere around 31-32psi, 20-21 degrees of advance and 12.0 AFR's on 94 octane :cool:.

Do me a favor, have Nate get a set of det cans(I'm sure he knows what they are, you can make them for like $10) and listen for knock. I'll be able to sleep better at night knowing that your stock knock detection system isn't malfunctioning.

Yeah I'm with GVR4592 I think your knock detection system is wacked somewhere. Could be wiring or something dumb that while your sensor is good it's still not tellin the ecu what's going on. That sux that your car didn't perform the way you wanted it to. I know you probably think some people were rooting against you but I would have loved to see 9's on pump with a setup that is very streetable not just some t999999999 turbo that spools at 6k:notgood: . Get them axels fixed get some hoosiers and goo 9 hunting again. Good luck :thumb:

super95awd, I seen your car last night at Pittsburgh Raceway Park. It is absolutly amazing. Seeing you spin all though 2nd gear was sick! I have video footage of it too! Good luck on the 9's because I definitely see it comming if you get tracton!

GVR4592 said:
Do me a favor, have Nate get a set of det cans(I'm sure he knows what they are, you can make them for like $10) and listen for knock. I'll be able to sleep better at night knowing that your stock knock detection system isn't malfunctioning.

The car WILL knock, we are just tuning below the threshold. We have seen a few counts of knock here and there while tuning, so its not like it never reads. And if we really lean on it, the knock sensor will pick it up and pull the plug on the fun. The motor was so beautiful last time we took it apart and there is no sign of detonation on the plugs, so I think we'll rock out:rocks:.

The car is definetly overpowering the radials. Even on the street in 3rd and 4th the car wants to spin and walk all over the place. This is the biggest problem with pulling so much weight out of the car!

We're going to make some changes in the drive train and switch to a full slick, and hopefully get back to the track in a week or two:thumb:.

Nate
TPG Tuning

What kinda tires are you usin now that your breakin loose that easy cause I haven't run the car with the current setup yet but I'm lookin to be in the same power area and I didn't think that tracktion was gonna be as bad as your main it sound and I too have a shit load of weight reduction.

Good try, (maybe Raxaxles can help you out with there built axles)

Do you think a full coilover suspension from say Tien would help your traction issues?
Yea and definetly put some slicks on there!! I am rooting for you to get 9s :cool:

And have you weighed your car? Whats the weight

keep at er man :thumb:

DSMTurbos said:
I can do it!!! just ground the knock sensor

camping at the shootout bi***, get nate to get up with me about it.

I will be doing the same. Is the camping allowed starting friday night? Because that's when me and buddy will be getting there. We will be staying friday and saturday night.

Thanx

Hey Andrew. when do you plan on going to the track again? Are you going to try again before the shootout?

another reason to go to the shootout: seeing a 2g on pump gas run 9's....

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll get you some updated pics tomorrow in the daylight. The cage and everything turned out sick. The place I took it to did an awesome job in just 3 days.

can't wait to see the pictures of the beast!!!!
also what are your goals for the car now,besides getting it to hook up and hit 9's?
street? strip? car:thumb:

Staytuned said:
What are you guys using for boost control? ever think of something like a 2 stage?

Right now, its just an old school Profec that gets the job done.

Thats a very good idea and we talked about it after Friday night, but I honestly don't think we should need to detune it, it needs better rubber.

On street tires, it would help out incredibly.

Nate
TPG

That's how fast I need to get my speedo movin. Sheesh!!! And to see that thing moving that fast at the beginning on maybe about 7 1/2 psi. Shew!!!

Any direct links to that vid? Meaning the website ya got it from? Thanks!

New Profec B's supposedly have a software problem that can limit max psi to 25 which is the problem I have. Even with a 20 psi base spring pressure I can only acheive 25 psi on high boost setting. This should not be a problem with the original Profec B though.

That's great for Chris Tapp, I wish I was in his boat. :D I had to feather the damn car through 2nd and it still wouldn't hook. The difference between a 12.2 pass and an 11.3 pass was hooking up 90% through 3rd gear rather than 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back