The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

10 Seconds On Straight Pump Gas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is probably something completely useless to say as its a common thing to say kinda, but:

just start replacing shit, until you find out what doesn't work. Make a list of whats changed, and replace it with the old stuff until it starts. Sometimes it can be as simple as a bad set of spark plugs (greg collier) or horribly wrong afr's for the idle trim (me)

tstkl said:
I know this is probably something completely useless to say as its a common thing to say kinda, but:

just start replacing shit, until you find out what doesn't work. Make a list of whats changed, and replace it with the old stuff until it starts. Sometimes it can be as simple as a bad set of spark plugs (greg collier) or horribly wrong afr's for the idle trim (me)

True...OH! I thought of another thing you should replace! Your DSM with an EVO! :thumb:

super95awd said:
That's on a 1g ;). It's just a ground on a 2g. I still can't figure out what the deal with the ignition system is.

Thats true, I don't know what I was thinking. I think since you had a 6bolt I thought 1g, but I knew better than that. Thanks for setting that stright. Hope you figure it out, Its hard to help over the internet anyway.

Derek:dsm:

Plugs were the very first thing I jumped for, but they looked fine. I've replaced the CAS with one I know that works and put a stock coil pack in it to eliminate any of that crap from the equation. I've had some weird crap happen but never a starting scenario like this, just doesn't make any sense. I want to say that the firing order is wrong, but I've tried every possible combination that I could think of, just randomly to try. I also know the fuel settings are correct, that's exactly how they have been. I think I'm just gonna throw another set of plugs in there tomorrow cause those things are tricky bastards.

Replace the DSM with an Evo huh?? How bout have both...... ;)

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8053/evansdalepshopsmall7ud.jpg

My clutch switch is long gone and currently the MSD isn't hooked up for testing. Unless of course the clutch switch controls some interesting stuff in the ECU that I don't know about, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I'm so fed up with this.

that basically assures you its something to do with the ecu or the ignition itself, but its not the plugs or wires. Have you tried another ecu? when you swapped to the stock coil pack, was the msd still installed? try taking the msd out of the equation as well.

Exactly ;)....And yes, everything was out of the equation. I FINALLY got the car to fire on the stock ignitor pack. Seems like it runs fine. Now I just need to troubleshoot the MSD and figure out why it's throwing fault codes at me.

Those are the craziest brakes I ever seen. You can probably out due an EVO anyway LOL, look at your car, its probably the craziest DSM I ever seen in my life. Nice work man, can't wait to see what it does on the track. Maybe 9's with pump gas?? LOL;

that intercooler looks insanely small. how is that big enough to make that much power, especially on pump. is that just a temp intercooler or something? otherwise im very confused.

was all that you did to supress knock detailing the head? if so what did you do to the head and if not what else did you do to supress knock. that intercooler is stumping me. its incredibly small for what your car is doing.

It's a drag car anyways, it goes wot for 10 seconds or less and it gets to cool down. No need for a monster fmic.

I was thinking while watching the video, why is that intercooler so low to the ground? it seems like its really low to me. I dunno whatever....

shouldnt the stock coils work with your setup, if it does it will make everyting alot easier i would stick with that?
p.s. on the bright side you got her running again!!!!!!:thumb:

He meant why not leave it on the stock coil instead of running the msd. Actually, why are you running the msd? I know the stock ones are good enough cause my buddy is running 10.7 with stock ignition. I'm just curious

lucas isherwood said:
that intercooler looks insanely small. how is that big enough to make that much power, especially on pump. is that just a temp intercooler or something? otherwise im very confused.

was all that you did to supress knock detailing the head? if so what did you do to the head and if not what else did you do to supress knock. that intercooler is stumping me. its incredibly small for what your car is doing.

Core efficiency>Core size. I have the same kit on my car and it works great. FWIW I made 402 whp on my 50 trim with the same fmic kit. Although that is over 100less whp I had a smaller less efficient turbo, a stock head save cams and am on 91 octane. Spearco is hands down the best way to go in terms of intercooler cores.

don't forget, its not 91 octane, it came out of a california pump, so its more like 2-3 octane. Stupid piss water 91 octane california gas. Is there anywhere where there is no government at all? Like some land where there is no body of government controlling it whatsoever? I hate california...

Zach, how much was that core? what cfm's is it rated at? whats the pressure drop? whats the spearco rated horsepower range? what about the size of the core itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back