The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1.6 crank in 4g64 bottom end

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

star86

Probationary Member
Feb 1, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
What would it take to put a 1.6 crank in a 4g64 bottom end and have a high revving monster? Just thinking of a abnormal swap for my new starion. thanks

- Chad

You just find the difference in the stroke between the 2 engines and get that added in to the comp' height of some new custom pistons. Keep us posted! should rev :thumb:

so where can i have some custom pistons made that add .55??? Is that all I need to make it work then??

- Chad

Why not use a 2.0L crank? It will still rev high.

Im shooting for more like 15000 rpms!!!! Just want a fun project and toy.

Just an suggestion but if you search around for high revving engines you might find revving to 15K might not be very benificial. But the 2.1's apparently rev pretty high and its a pretty proven set up.

The fun part will be finding a tacho! what sort of ECU will you be using?

gixrman said:
good luck with finding a valvetrain that will hold up to those RPM's. And shifting at 15K.......

Shifting @ 15k, LOL I hope its a magical tranny because I don't see 15k happening... 10k maybe... but 15k thats out of the question I would have to say

See if someone does what they call a liberty kit for a DSM gear box you will be fine then!

blue1 said:
See if someone does what they call a liberty kit for a DSM gear box you will be fine then!

Kinda like this?
http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/transmission.htm

My whole Q in this is why, if your revving that high your loosing someplace else (like bottom end HP) yes its cool it be different and challenging conventional thinking is how things get done but I don't see the support in the DSM A/M community for this. These cars are already a dieing breed.

P.S. blue1 you Aussie's suck, I want my f-ing SKYLINE GT-R :p

ok answer me two questions and if you cant answer them then dont post anything else on the subject. How are you going to get the 4g63 valvetrain to rev past 11,000 and are you a millionaire?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back