The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Wrong Control Arm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91Bomb

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 15, 2003
US, New_Jersey
Just ordered 1G control arms (Moog RK620484 + RK620485) from Summit racing. But now I'm concerned because according to Amazon, Advance Auto, + ebay these are for 1.8L's only and Summit racing lists them for all 2.0's '90-94. Is it possible 1.8's + 2.0's are the same? Can someone give me mitsu part # for 1g 2.0 FWD turbo control arms?

Update: just cancelled my Summit racing order and they were back ordered anyway which would've been a real pita waiting for the wrong parts LOL Now I have to try and get the correct ones.

Last edited:
They will bolt in. One of them either 1g fwd, or gvr4 has the balljoint moved like 5mm forward. If your just a street beater its no issue as long as you are doing both sides. If your road racing you might notice a difference.

I just spoke to Moog and they confirmed they don't have control arms for 1g 2.0's. The guy didn't mention using Galant arms.

Are budget control arms a bad idea? Because I can get a pair for $80 shipped from 1a auto but don't have a clue what brand they are. They come with ball joints but here's the thing, 2-1/2 yrs ago I put moog ball joints + energy suspension bushings on my stock control arms but they're rusting through now. So I'm thinking maybe order these cheapies and either swap ball joints + bushings or perhaps just swap the ball joints. Not sure though and could use advice and really on a budget.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back