The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink WOT pull with a V1 68hta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19gsx91

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Walworth, New_York
1). Any boost, vac, or exhaust leaks?
Boost leak tested 5psi above your max boost with no leaks? Yes

2). Verified mechanical timing? Yes

3). Verified base timing? Yes

4). Ignition system
COP or Stock Coil: Stock
Wire brand and Age: NGKs, 1 year
Spark Plug brand, type and Gap: NGK BPR7ES, gapped at .022

5). Motor health (Compression Test)
Cylinder 1: 130
Cylinder 2: 120
Cylinder 3: 120
Cylinder 4:115

6). Performed basic throttle body adjustments?
Idle Switch: yes
Throttle Cable: yes
TPS: yes
BISS: yes

7). Compression ratio Stock 1g

8). Any known bad sensors or brittle wiring? No

9). Any DTC/CEL codes? No

10). Electrical system
Car off (not running): 12.4
Car running: 13.00

11). Base fuel pressure and injector values
Base Fuel Pressure: 43
Injector Size (cc/min): FIC 850

12). Properly calibrated and configured wideband sensor
Sensor Brand: MTX-L
Calibration Date: A month ago

13). Type of fuel
Type: 93 octane
Percent of Ethanol: 10%

14). Watched ECMlink how-to videos? Yes

Hey Guys, did a pull on my way home from work, wondering if anyone had any thoughts/feedback, especially with my spoolup timing.. just wondering if anything looks out of the ordinary to fresh eyes.

Attachments

• log.2017.04.28-05.elg
    63.5 KB · Views: 82
Well for starters I was wondering why your coolant offset is set for 20?
I believe your ecu is pulling 1 degree of timing because it thinks your coolant is over 210 degrees.
Also your idle is super rich. Theres spots where your Combined fuel trim is close to -30%

Because on a 1g the stock electric fans don't come on until much higher temps. this way instead of my fans coming on around 220 they hit around 200.

I'm not asking about my idle, If you noticed my O2 cycles, then stops, then cycles again after roughly 6-7 seconds. It's a voltage issue I'm tracking down that has nothing to do with the WOT pull.

And did another one last night.. getting my AFRs lined up fairly well but not sure where the knock came from.

Attachments

• log.2017.04.30-01.elg
    18.9 KB · Views: 72
The log looks straight overall.

You've got a super rich dip during spool up, but you're starting your pull shy of 2k. Start around 3k and see if you get the same rich dip.

I think your biggest problem at this point is pump gas. You're probably going to have to pull some peak timing out of the DA table if you're consistently getting knock up top.

Pull some timing and give it a little more boost...See if it likes that.

Will do Brett, you had mentioned before that I probably wouldn't be able to get away with as much timing on the 7cm housing as I could with the v2 with the 8cm housing. I'll play with it. Car feels solid overall, I just want to get everything kind of dialed in and squared away.

Because on a 1g the stock electric fans don't come on until much higher temps. this way instead of my fans coming on around 220 they hit around 200.

On a 1G, the fan is turned on by the coolant temp sensor on the radiator and have nothing to do with the ECU.

And did another pull.. finally put an actual -10AN catch can setup and switched plugs to bres8..

Attachments

• v168hta pull 5-27.elg
    15.6 KB · Views: 53
One more. not that anyone is paying attention buttt.... It's easier for me to keep track of logs.

Attachments

• june1st pull.elg
    15.7 KB · Views: 64
:applause:

Well, hate to tell you, but not much I can do here. Probably one of the best looking logs I've seen in a while.

At this point, you will just have to play with boost and timing to see what the car responds to best. There's basically no knock, and your airflow definitely isn't peaked for the 68HTA V1, so there should be at least a bit of room for improvement.

As far as being dialed in, that's damn near as close as it gets. I like that you've leaned out your target AFR a bit in the DA table, as I've typically experienced better power production on a leaner mix vise a richer one.

If this thing was on E85 it'd be good for a legit bump in power. Pump gas + tiny turbo is what's f***ing you now.

Thank you Brett!

The only thing holding me back from e-85 is availability unfortunately. that and my setup isn't built around it, yet anyway. I've been wanting to dial this in because I am going to splash some e-85 in like you suggested when we hung out, and see where that takes me boost wise, I don't think I'll play with the timing table as much as maybe try to run 28-30psi and see what it likes.

I am still planning on swapping housings, over to an 8cm just to see what kind of difference, if any I am going to see. the car is obnoxious as it sits now for a pump gas td05 turbo, at WOT in 2nd gear it feels like to tires are just barely hanging in there and my 70-90 times are starting to knock on 1.3.. I don't think I could ask for any more out of a stock appearing setup..

Except.. e-85 :p

Oh by the way Brett.. not that I can confirm it (yet) but I am doing all my pulls on the same stretch of road with my weight adjusted to match what my WHP was when I got the car dyno'd at STM last fall when i put down 292/264.. IF that is the case and I really am seeing an additional (ESTIMATED!) 77whp/62wtq out of the v168hta vs the evoIII then that may be worth documenting.. I am ONLY mentioning this because I do plan on taking the GSX to STM to confirm this, I don't think the gains are that substantial but when I get it dyno'd I will post back to this thread.

Still haven't made it to STM.. weird though my HP and torque estimates are almost the same despite me running more boost and a higher airflow.

Attachments

• september 68hta WOT.elg
    17.1 KB · Views: 46
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back