The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink WOT Pull help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laserRSawd

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 2, 2003
Spokane_Washington
1). No boost, vac, or exhaust leaks.
compressor housing leaks a little

2). Verify mechanical timing.
New belt, oem tensioner, pulleys

3). Verify base timing
set

4). Ignition system
new wires and plugs gapped at 26. BPR7ES

5). Motor health
160 psi compression

6). Basic throttle body adjustments.
new shaft seals, new biss screw and seal, tps adjusted correctly

7). Compression ratio
ROSS 8.3:1

8). Wiring and sensors
all in good working order

9). No DTC/CEL codes
none

10). Electrical system
good, stock ALT

11). Base fuel pressure and injector values
AEM FPR, New FIC 1200 high z and Aeromotive 340 pump

12). Properly calibrated and configured wideband sensor
reading correct

13). Type of fuel
92 up to 10% ethanol

looking for some help. just getting started. I have the car set at 16 psi. the car has quite the surge when waste gate opens and closes. this is a 3rd gear pull. I noticed that my WBFactor dips during this time. do I need to fine tune my global to get it more in line with my AFRRatioEST? The car pulls through 2nd fine with no noticeable boost surging. is this surging normal? can I control boost better? I have a 3 port mac valve, internally gated

Attachments

• log.2021.10.25-07.elg
    24.2 KB · Views: 25
Looking at your VE table. It is kinda all over the place, but what I notice is that as the boost comes up, then falls off (surges), the fuel demand is not as much as it is right before it surges. I would add fuel to the cells that the table is in at the points where it is surging (dropping off, then comes back up as the VE table demands more fuel). It is running around 95 then when it surges it drops down to 92 or so which may be why it is doing what it is doing. Make all those cells the same (the higher number, for more fuel) and go for a drive to see if the surge is still there or as bad.
Just my .02¢
Marty

yeah I noticed the VE table after the pull. I paid someone to help me and he went MIA, so if figured it was time to learn myself. I will Re-load the VE table. I will check the timing table. I loaded a 2g table when I started and haven't touched it. I will clean that up and try it again. Thank you for the help I am glad to have people able to glance at it and see something off. I wouldn't know the difference unless I had the two tables pulled up side by side.

In addition to what's mentioned above, your maxoct table needs to be clean up (smoother) as well and you can run it a bit leaner than 10.8, 11.0 - 11.5. The highlight areas needs work. Smooth the target afr's in maxoct table and increase the values in ve table where it needs more fuel by tracking data. To get correct global, you want ve between 5k-6k to be at 100. Once that's done, you can work on the other cells.

Sucks that person ghosted you. Hope he rots in HELL!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You don't need to reload it just clean up a few spots. As for the timing it's the same thing you have a few cells that need to be smoothed out. As for the surging i noticed you have a mac valve listed for your BCS. I know the ohm resistance is low on the mac valves. That's why ecmlink sells the Ingersoll rand since they match up with our ecu resistance requirements. You can add a inline resistor to up your resistnese. Total resistance should be between 28-33 ohms. Just for a sanity check if you have a old MBC yo can throw to check to see if the valve is the cause of your issue.

You don't need to reload it just clean up a few spots. As for the timing it's the same thing you have a few cells that need to be smoothed out. As for the surging i noticed you have a mac valve listed for your BCS. I know the ohm resistance is low on the mac valves. That's why ecmlink sells the Ingersoll rand since they match up with our ecu resistance requirements. You can add a inline resistor to up your resistnese. Total resistance should be between 28-33 ohms. Just for a sanity check if you have a old MBC yo can throw to check to see if the valve is the cause of your issue.
I do remember reading about the mac BCS, I was going to swap it out and forgot. it was on the car when I got it
Thanks for all the tips

You can make MAC valve work without any issues. I run it and a few local cars i tune. They all perform as expected from waste gate to 40+psi.

I know I need to lean the car out more, but any Ideal I am getting these jumps in my AFRratioest ? will this go away as I get it leaned out more? I had been fighting Knock and finally got it under control besides the little blips. I feel like I'm on the right track.

Attachments

• log.2022.08.24-11.elg
    23.7 KB · Views: 15
  • log.2022.08.24-10.elg
    26 KB · Views: 14
Not too bad. Just clean up AFR's. Think the spikes in AFRest is from our old beat up harnesses. I get the same here and there but not as bad as yours. AFRest is calculated by the ecu, mass airflow divided by mass fuel flow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back