The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 68hta WOT pulls and running rich coming to a stop

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19gsx91

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Walworth, New_York
Hey guys, I'm working on getting the 68hta dialed in, recently switched to the modded evo8 timing map as a base off the 1g stock map and it made a large improvement, so always looking for feedback on that, but I'm also attaching a log where I'm cruising and coming to any kind of stop if I push the clutch in the car will go rich for a few seconds and die sometimes.. I'm simulating the idle switch in ECMlink, should I attempt to turn it off and set my idle switch manually or is this something else?

**I know I can add timing right now and see where it leads, but my cruise and part throttle maps is where I'm concerned

1). Any boost, vac, or exhaust leaks?

Boost leak tested 5psi above your max boost with no leaks?
Yes

2). Verified mechanical timing? Yes

3). Verified base timing? Yes

4). Ignition system
COP or Stock Coil:stock
Wire brand and Age:NGK, few months old.
Spark Plug brand, type and Gap: BPRES7, 2 weeks old .024 gap

5). Motor health (Compression Test)
Cylinder 1: 140
Cylinder 2: 135
Cylinder 3:135
Cylinder 4:135

6). Performed basic throttle body adjustments?
Idle Switch: Simulated
Throttle Cable: yes
TPS: yes
BISS: yes

7). Compression ratio stock

8). Any known bad sensors or brittle wiring? no

9). Any DTC/CEL codes? no

10). Electrical system
Car off (not running): 12.5
Car running:13.5

11). Base fuel pressure and injector values
Base Fuel Pressure: 43
Injector Size (cc/min): 850

12). Properly calibrated and configured wideband sensor
Sensor Brand: Innovate MTX-L
Calibration Date: 3 weeks ago

13). Type of fuel
Type:93 octane
Percent of Ethanol: 10%

14). Watched ECMlink how-to videos? Yes

Attachments

• 68evomap.elg
    29.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 68hta 26psi.elg
    950.4 KB · Views: 87
Impressive airflow, is this a stock style compressor housing HTA? What cams/other mods?

Impressive airflow, is this a stock style compressor housing HTA? What cams/other mods?

This was the V2 68hta, with FPs own compressor housing, Fp2 cams, 850cc injectors, Walboro 255, PR FMIC kit would be the notable mods. Stock 1g short block with 99,xxx miles.

I have since solved the rich coming to a stop issue, if anyone else is having a similar problem try swapping BOVs to a stock one, I switched my crushed one out to a different one and it helped dramatically with that.

in the ecu config menu under NBO2 tab, your wideband switchpoint is set at 2.59v which equals 15.1 to your LC-1. if you are trying to run 14.7:1 stoich, you need to set this to 2.43v-2.45v because that is the voltage that the LC-1 switches from rich to lean. and then you might need to re-adjust the tune a bit.

Your Global Fuel based on ecmlink website for your FIC 850 should be set to -47 and Deadtime 330. This is causing your idle and cruise to be really rich. Change these settings and adjust the maf comp and deadtime to get 0.25gm/rev AirflowPerRev and as close to 0% for CombinedFT

Your Global Fuel based on ecmlink website for your FIC 850 should be set to -47 and Deadtime 330. This is causing your idle and cruise to be really rich. Change these settings and adjust the maf comp and deadtime to get 0.25gm/rev AirflowPerRev and as close to 0% for CombinedFT

I used the calculator based from ECMlink for my global and my deadtime tables are set are in the DA through voltage, not just as a blanket 330us. aiming for .25gm/sec might work for people not running cams but my car idles a lot better when it's a bit higher.

in the ecu config menu under NBO2 tab, your wideband switchpoint is set at 2.59v which equals 15.1 to your LC-1. if you are trying to run 14.7:1 stoich, you need to set this to 2.43v-2.45v because that is the voltage that the LC-1 switches from rich to lean. and then you might need to re-adjust the tune a bit.

This was my attempt to lean out the idle/cruise a little bit as it has a very rich smell at idle and part throttle. I may reset it in the spring after I swap turbos again.

I used the calculator based from ECMlink for my global and my deadtime tables are set are in the DA through voltage, not just as a blanket 330us. aiming for .25gm/sec might work for people not running cams but my car idles a lot better when it's a bit higher.

This works for dead time but has no effect on what u have ur global set to. Change it to -47 just for kicks and see if it changes your readings.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back