The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Wont go into gear.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegas Smith

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2002
Houston, Texas
I just replaced the shift rail in my tranny, I am not getting any luck getting the car into gear. It will go into gear fine until you turn on the car. The clutch system has been bled completly and the slave cylinder is not leaking and has good travel. The tranny shifted fine out of the car and fine when the car is turned off. What the hell else could this be???????????

Also, i can force it into gear but it grinds like hell. And i can feel it engaging and disengaging when i mess with the clutch pedal while in gear. The linkage looks perfect also.

My 300Z twin turbo did the same thing. The clutch just need adjusting, I guess my ACT clutch had just broken in a little. If you pump up the pedal a few times will it go into gear then?

It wont go in by pumping it for a few times, you have to force it into gear and even then you hear a big grind. Slave/masters are all new, ss clutch line.....and a broken rail fix. I really some suggestions , dont have a clue.

Like some others have said, check your clutch adjustment.

See
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/clutchandflywheeltech.htm
for adjustment tips. I had the same problem, and unfortunatley my adjustment was so bad that I blew the welds on my clutch pedal and had to replace the whole assembly. But now, with the new assembly properly adjusted, it works fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back