The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Wiring Harness (New/Custom)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

force_feed

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2008
Katy, Texas
I plan on building a new engine wiring harness for my Galant in the near future....IF I can find all the connectors which I think I've tracked down the majority.

What do you guys think the demand is for something like this? I'm thinking that if I'm successful AND I dont go crazy, I could start building and selling them.

What do you guys think?

What would you pay for a new wiring and/or custom harness?:confused:

I would like the connector/pin info, if you're willing to share with the community :D
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/electrical-tech/422985-brand-new-oem-connectors-pins.html

One thing to keep in mind is how custom most of these would be if you build them for others. Everyone's going to have a different number of connectors, some in different locations, etc. Pricing is always an issue for custom projects like this, especially wiring related.

ChaseBays is currently building harness for our cars and should release in January sometime. There is a large thread on Link about it... Found it, just an option.

"Hey folks its Logan from Chase Bays just checking in, great to see we have the interest we needed.

We'll have the harness R&D complete and hopefully all of the connectors sourced and ordered by the first week in January. As you all know this motor is full of variants, and a lot of thought has been put into the design to keep options open without effecting production too much. There will be a few required changes (91+ CAS) so we can eliminate errors and confusion, but it benefits your build either way.

Here is what our pricing is looking like, this is subject to change:

CM1 Harness - $649.99
The CM1 harness features all new commercial grade, high heat, thin jacketing wire (rated from -49° to +257° F), individually striped for easy identification and all new sensor plug pins. It is covered in full flame retardant nylon sleeving (Operating Temperature Range -103° to 257°F; Melt temp 446°F), and adhesive lined heat shrink. All engine harnesses go directly to the ECU clips, and include all the needed wiring and plugs to make the harness plug and play to your vehicle. The harness is built with aesthetics and functionality in mind. Our harnesses have had a lot of R&D done for proper wiring technique, with all shielded wire used where needed. It features a stealthy look but is also easily accessed, keeping the motor easily worked on. This harness is great for someone looking to clean up their engine bay and replace the used and worn down stock harness.

CM2 Harness - $949.99
The CM2 harness features all the same great aspects and design of the CM1 harness but adds a Mil Spec quick disconnect firewall connector and Raychem connector boot. All CM2 harnesses are designed to mount to the OEM harness entry hole or former AC oval hole (if AC is eliminated) It also includes a complete new custom charge harness (for Alternator and Starter power wires). This harness is perfect for someone who wants the option of very easily removing/disconnecting the engine harness. Not to mention a very shiny firewall connector

CM Mil Spec Harness - $1349.99
The Mil Spec harness features; All new sensor plug pins, all new thin jacketing wire (rated from -49° to +257° F), Raychem DR-25 heat shrink (operating temp. -103° to +347° F), adhesive lined heat shrink junctions, Raychem break-outs/junctions where needed, Yellow sensor labeling, and Mil Spec quick disconnect connector w/ Raychem shrink boot. The harnesses go directly to the ECU clips, and include all the needed wiring and plugs to make the harness plug and play to your vehicle. The harness is built with aesthetics and functionality in mind.Our harnesses have had a lot of R&D done for proper wiring technique, with all shielded wire used where needed. It also includes a complete new custom charge harness (for Alternator and Starter power wires). The best harness money can buy. Built with high performance and full functionality in mind, the same materials and assembly has been used on the world's fastest race cars and fighter jets across the world for years."

swade

Last edited by a moderator:
CM Mil Spec Harness - $1349.99
The Mil Spec harness features; All new sensor plug pins, all new thin jacketing wire (rated from -49° to +257° F), Raychem DR-25 heat shrink (operating temp. -103° to +347° F), adhesive lined heat shrink junctions, Raychem break-outs/junctions where needed, Yellow sensor labeling, and Mil Spec quick disconnect connector w/ Raychem shrink boot. The harnesses go directly to the ECU clips, and include all the needed wiring and plugs to make the harness plug and play to your vehicle. The harness is built with aesthetics and functionality in mind.Our harnesses have had a lot of R&D done for proper wiring technique, with all shielded wire used where needed. It also includes a complete new custom charge harness (for Alternator and Starter power wires). The best harness money can buy. Built with high performance and full functionality in mind, the same materials and assembly has been used on the world’s fastest race cars and fighter jets across the world for years."

swade

That is awesome

chase bays is awesome ive been looking at the builds they have done with there hondas always wondered if a set up for our cars was possible.nice

So the difference between the $1000 and $1300 harness is a couple breakouts, different heatshrink, and labels?

Raychem v. Nylon sheathing and other bells and whistles. I suggest easing their descriptions for other vehicles to familiarize oneself.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if ChaseBays is still doing these harnesses? I'm down to grab one.

Kidtsi, a member on here, reconditions harnesses and does a damn good job from the looks of it. Iirc its around $600. Pretty cheap but you have to provide the connectors(if need be)

Do you know what he all does to the harness? I'm looking for a new harness. Mines pretty hacked up and causing a whole mess of problems.

Full tuck. Looks to be of very high quality. I'm in the same boat, my harness is so jacked up and probably routed the wrong way. I have to go through everything and new sheathing and shrink wrap everything this weekend. uuuuugggh. Half my connectors suck too so idk what to do. Search parts yards i guess?
If your connectors arent shot i would go with kidtsi and have him do a full rebuild for ya. Gets the wires routed the right way and is way stronger than stock i would imagine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back