The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Will this configuration work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipse 1998

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2010
,, Indiana
Long story short I blew my E316g had it rebuilt to a FP68HTA and I'm putting it on tomorrow after work, also I am no longer using that Injen air intake and putting on a FP non-recirc intake with a 9" filter. Also I'm using a Perrin two port electronic boost controller. OK below are the pictures describing what i had done. I zipped tied the charcoal canister which isn't letting anything in or out. One line coming from my Perrin is gonna go to the nipple on my intercooler pipe just before the j-pipe, the other line coming from my Perrin is going to my bov with a t-adapter. This then runs to another t-adapter where one end goes to the intake manifold and the other goes to my AEM 5 bar map sensor. So my questions arise, what do i do about my internal WG nipple just cap it off? If so, are there any other faults in this setup? Thanks for the help, need a speedy response.

Pic#1 charcoal canister line running to intake.
Pic#2 yellow line coming from Perrin to BOV
blue line coming from Perrin to intercooler pipe nipple
Pic#3 yellow line coming from BOV to AEM 5 bar MAP sensor

Attachments

• Untitled 1 (750x558).jpg
    Untitled 1 (750x558).jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Untitled 2 (750x558).jpg
    Untitled 2 (750x558).jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Untitled (750x558).jpg
    Untitled (750x558).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 76
Is ths the ebcs you have ? The two ports on it will hook up to boost source on j pipe and the other port to the nipple on the internal wastegate. heres the pdf support file for port specific hookup http://perrinperformance.com/attachment/75000-.pdf
The bov and the aem map sensor should have uninterrupted direct lines to the intake manifold
The charcoal canister line that used to go to intake can be pointed down un zipp tied to vent gasses to atmosphere. The valve cover hose should be routed to Catch can setup as i highly recommend you do. Check out these options of what to do http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-engine-fuel/366890-4g63t-pcv-system.html
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Unfortunately I don't I have the Perrin EBCS Electronic Boost Control Solenoid ASM-TAC-730
Thanks a lot though good information. Also is there a port I can unplug on the intake manifold for an uninterrupted direct line for the map sensor; and I will vent the charcoal canister to the atmosphere.

Picture

Attachments

• Aaron's Photos 001 (750x563).jpg
    Aaron's Photos 001 (750x563).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 65
Looks very similar, just make sure which vacuum fitting on your boost controller is for wastegate and which for pressure(intercooler j pipe) and that will get your situation on that sorted. The Bov has its own port as original you can use. As for the map sensor, most people have to drill and tap for the map sensor fitting source. There is another method for 2g manifold with the RRE plate to use the aem sensors, pretty clean install. Check out this How to, full of pics as well.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...38-wiring-logging-aem-3-5-bar-map-sensor.html

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back