1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Will Evo 8 or 9 gauges work in a 2g?

Posted by 96DSM_Steve, Mar 30, 2011

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. 96DSM_Steve

96DSM_Steve Proven Member

Joined Aug 19, 2010
    Bakersfield, California
    I have a question on if the Evo three pod Temp, Volt, and Boost gauges work in a 2g?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

363  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 2G DSM
  2. davidalindsey

davidalindsey Proven Member

Joined Nov 5, 2008
    Norfolk, Virginia
    I dont see why not.

392  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  3. LiquidX

LiquidX DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 19, 2008
    Anywhere, Pennsylvania
    Assuming you can get the sensors for them. Gauges are pretty much universal which require at the least, a signal source. The signal could simply be a mechanical line i.e. boost gauge vacuum tube to operate the needle. Mechanical gauges only need power and ground for illumination.

Digital gauges will require a signal from a sensor whether it's a pressure sensor or temp sensor. They also need the power and ground to work aside from illumination. Not all sensors will work with other gauges. The OEM oil pressure sensor doesn't exactly work for an aftermarket oil pressure gauge.

So be sure to acquire the sensors assuming the gauges are digital so you can have proper function.

Street Build 3K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM