The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Will Evo 8 or 9 gauges work in a 2g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96DSM_Steve

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 19, 2010
Bakersfield, California
I have a question on if the Evo three pod Temp, Volt, and Boost gauges work in a 2g?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming you can get the sensors for them. Gauges are pretty much universal which require at the least, a signal source. The signal could simply be a mechanical line i.e. boost gauge vacuum tube to operate the needle. Mechanical gauges only need power and ground for illumination.

Digital gauges will require a signal from a sensor whether it's a pressure sensor or temp sensor. They also need the power and ground to work aside from illumination. Not all sensors will work with other gauges. The OEM oil pressure sensor doesn't exactly work for an aftermarket oil pressure gauge.

So be sure to acquire the sensors assuming the gauges are digital so you can have proper function.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back