The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street Build "Widow" - HannahGST's 1999 Spyder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blown Head gasket issue bye bye! Finally got some time off to work on my baby. Now the head and block has been resurfaced and I'm back on the road and focusing on my build!
16hl20p.jpg

10px4wz.jpg

Congrats from hence forward it's gonna be blood sweat and tears! Who's doing your machine work?

Thank you! Im so excited!!
Chastain's Race Engines in Jonesboro is doing my machine work for me. I've heard all good things about them and so far so good. Kyle over there is the one working on it.

I'm 'bout to wake up this build thread with some goodness...so my friend @BlackWidow came to me with some specific turbo needs with a modest power goal of around 400whp but it MUST have the classic Holset HX40 sound. My main concern being spool and response while still being as loud as possible, I settled on a 56/86mm 6-blade Volvo HX40 core mated to a 10-blade HX35 turbine in a .55 DSM housing so everything is still "direct-fit" regarding the manifold and o2 housing.

So here's the end result in a color combo chosen by the owner...I had the compressor cover but not the wheel, so I machined a damaged 60mm HX40 compressor to fit the 56mm cover. Couplers for the intake and intercooler piping will be red so this should look quite lovely. :D

20200331_025358.jpg
20200331_025522.jpg
20200331_025439.jpg
20200328_131922.jpg
20200331_025306.jpg
20200331_025330.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back