The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Street Build "Widow" - HannahGST's 1999 Spyder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackWidow

Proven Member
May 25, 2014
Newnan, Georgia
Hello, DSMtuners- my name is Hannah, and I'm the proud owner of a 99 Mitsubishi eclipse GST I've named Black Widow. I got her when I was 18 and I have been obsessed ever since; having an awesome time modifying Widow and learning as I go. I thought it would be fun to share her story with all of you.

I got her all stock- no mods, and missing an engine mount. The previous owner just threw a chain link in to hold the engine in place (or so he thought LOL). It was running very rough and had a junk auto trans. My dad and I replaced the bad transmission with one that shifted much more smoothly and also did an OEM rebuild on the engine including a .020" overbore.

Within 6 months of replacing the auto trans, it once again started shifting rough and throwing solenoid codes. At that point I decided I wanted to just do away with the auto trans all together and go manual.

As of 6/7/14 my dad and I did a complete auto-to-manual swap on it, and also installed a new TD05H 20G from JusMX141. So far its running very well with no issues at all from the turbo, and only a few remaining issues from the trans swap- it's been slipping out of reverse on an incline, and it is having a tough time starting because the stock flywheel I got from the junk yard had a lot of teeth worn down that had to be re-shaped. As a result, it takes a minute for the starter to get a nice hold of the flywheel. All issues will be fixed eventually.

As for small things done to my car, here is a list:

• Big bore lifters
• Machined valve cover
• Injen short ram intake
• Headlights from Sick HIDs
• Evo III o2 housing
• 3” downpipe with slotted flanges (bypassing Megan Racing Test pipe I put on)
• Replaced the 3-piece low-rise wing with an OEM high-rise 2G wing, and welded up holes left from the stock 3-piece wing.

My new Brian Crower 4g63 cam gears and stage 2 BC272s came in today!!! I am so very excited to install and review them! Special thanks to Brian Crower himself for sending these parts my way to help me on my tuning journey, and also a special thanks to KelTalon for making it all possible! I am so grateful that there are people like them that will lend a hand to help someone when they are starting out. The words "Thank you" seem so inadequate. I am so humbled and thankful!

IMG_6850.jpg
IMG_1209.jpg

What about that 20G that I heard showed up the other week? :p

Hi, Peachy. :D

You're finally part of the right forum and making connections with all the right people- you're well on your way to making Widow one hell of a machine!

Working on the review since you helped me figure out how to post on here! Haha!

That's my dream!! I'm so excited to learn as I go! :)

Thank you for the help posting pics Jus!

Last edited:
Just recently figured out how to post on here (newbie). JusMX141 kindly custom built me an awesome 20G turbo to help me out on my tuning journey, and I must say, it is a HUGE improvement from the T25 I was running! It spools up very quickly and I couldn't be more pleased with it. :) Thank you so much Jus!!!

JUS.jpg

JUS1.jpg
JUS2.jpg

That's my dream!! I'm so excited to learn as I go! :)
That, and build a fast auto AWD 1G to race every week in the street class and make bank knocking off V8's....or at least that's what you told me a couple nights ago. LOL

Turbo looks awesome on the car! I was hoping that elbow coupler would clear the front roll stop mount on the trans so you could get it hooked up to the stock sidemount *temporarily* to get the car mobile until you find a FMIC you like.

Well congrats on some major upgrades! I am looking forward to seeing how you like the cams and if I can be of assistance don't hesitate to let me know! By the way car looks amazing:applause:

Last edited:
Yes Jus, I stand by it! :)

Thank you very much KelTalon! Yours is beautiful as ever, I enjoyed watching you leave about 7 feet of skid marks on the way home my the way! So awesome!

Are these cam gears and shafts safe to put in ASAP? And if not, what do you suggest I do first? :)

Looks awesome on the car! I was hoping that elbow coupler would clear the front roll stop mount on the trans so you could get it hooked up to the stock sidemount *temporarily* to get the car mobile until you find a FMIC you like.
Justin you do good work!
Stock fuel pump
You will need at least a jay racing 342 rewired to ensure adequate fuel delivery!!

Justin you do good work!
Why thank you, sir. :D
You will need at least a jay racing 342 rewired to ensure adequate fuel delivery!!
What the hell does she need at least 340lph of fuel for with a stock motor and a 20G? Filling the crankcase? :p

I've had friends run 10's and 130's on a single 255 with pump gas....one of which didn't even have the pump rewired. No need for overkill on the pump which would put a lot of dependency on the pressure regulator. ;)

I'm assuming I need injectors at the same time the fuel pump is installed right?
Not at all- you can actually get a little bit more out of your stock injectors with a better pump behind them. You definitely don't want to use bigger injectors on a stock pump, but an upgraded pump with stock injectors won't hurt a thing unless you're over-running the pressure regulator.

Although I'd make sure you change the fuel filter if you haven't done so fairly recently....nothing like a half-plugged filter to ruin your fancy new pump's ability to get fuel to the rail!

I've had friends run 10's and 130's on a single 255 with pump gas....one of which didn't even have the pump rewired. No need for overkill on the pump which would put a lot of dependency on the pressure regulator. ;)
!
The 340l I am speaking of is a donor pump just laying in the shop collecting dust. I spoke with hannahgst about this pump earlier is the only reason I recommended it helps with the budget on this build and is same size diameter as a 255 and will get the job done of the eventual 400whp she is shooting for. :cool:

Last edited:
Awesome! I've never seen you either! We need to have a local DSM meet!!!
Yeah you really got to check out chase's cars ! They won the sportsman class last year at Atlanta motor speedway the car is the quickest , smallest turbo car in the area.

Not at all- you can actually get a little bit more out of your stock injectors with a better pump behind them. You definitely don't want to use bigger injectors on a stock pump, but an upgraded pump with stock injectors won't hurt a thing unless you're over-running the pressure regulator.

Although I'd make sure you change the fuel filter if you haven't done so fairly recently....nothing like a half-plugged filter to ruin your fancy new pump's ability to get fuel to the rail!

Well, That's just what Ill do then! That way I can get rid of the stock pump that I suspected was causing problems back when I was an auto. I put in a new filter in March, so that's one less thing to worry about! :D

Yeah you really got to check out chase's cars ! They won the sportsman class last year at Atlanta motor speedway the car is the quickest , smallest turbo car in the area.

I definitely will some time! I would LOVE to see them!! I still need to call your dyno guy when I get the chance. I didn't forget! haha :)

Little turbo no longer, we went with a billet 6466, ran 10.50s with the FP black. Currently eating built bottle fed mustangs at the Friday night drags.

Here's the pump had to wipe off the dust. I did 620whp w
Little turbo no longer, we went with a billet 6466, ran 10.50s with the FP black. Currently eating built bottle fed mustangs at the Friday night drags.
Oh snapp! Are you guys going to silver dollar friday?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back