The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Why no love for the sebring ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D3tro1tDi3sel420

Proven Member
Mar 20, 2017
Warren, Michigan
I got my (florida car, owned by a old lady) 02 sebring lx coupe for "VERY" cheap. No rust. It has the 4g64 2.4l, wich i plan on boosting, after a few necessities that need to be done. I know everyone is like..." why would you beaf up a sebring ? " well the answer is, i like to be different and dont want, what everyone else has . Also not to mention a sebring pulling on a stang or charger gives me a woody LOL. My question is why so much love for a 4 door gallant and ABSOLUTLEY NO LOVE for the sebring coupe ? It is a sexy looking car in my opinion. Also im having a hard time deciphering what performance upgrades i can install considering its a chrysler but Mitsubishi powered. And most auto part websites ask year make model ...not just what engine . can someone point me in the right direction please ?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 20170329_161335.jpg
    20170329_161335.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 56
I found a write up on the 4g64 that may give you some ideas, I hope it helps. I'm not a hater, if it is powered by a Mitsu motor, I like it. My brother (RIP) had a Sebring before he passed away and if he could just see me now with my DSM, I think he would be talking about what you are trying to do. :thumb:

See this article to start with and good luck! :)

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/highest-hp-tq-made-on-a-4g64-sohc.436857/

I found a write up on the 4g64 that may give you some ideas, I hope it helps. I'm not a hater, if it is powered by a Mitsu motor, I like it. My brother (RIP) had a Sebring before he passed away and if he could just see me now with my DSM, I think he would be talking about what you are trying to do. :thumb:

See this article to start with and good luck! :)

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/highest-hp-tq-made-on-a-4g64-sohc.436857/
Thank you very much. Sorry about your bro bud . The sebring is just pushed aside. Its hearbreaking LOL cause its such a sleek car . ty for your info.

I really like the style of the body. Now if someone would 4g63 it, WOW, that would be cool as hell. Maybe you can do the 14b on yours! Brother is in a better place now but just like me he had a passion for fast cars and he would have been thrilled to take a ride with me....and now I am sad because I wish he could. Cancer is a terrible thing man.
Good luck and keep asking questions, I hope all on here will be helpful!!!
Marty

I really like the style of the body. Now if someone would 4g63 it, WOW, that would be cool as hell. Maybe you can do the 14b on yours! Brother is in a better place now but just like me he had a passion for fast cars and he would have been thrilled to take a ride with me....and now I am sad because I wish he could. Cancer is a terrible thing man.
Good luck and keep asking questions, I hope all on here will be helpful!!!
Marty
Thanks again ! Ive done tons of research ( becuase im a total newb LOL ) i was thinking of doing a dohc swap on my 4g64 a few people have done it . and the combo is insane i guess. Just not in a sebring LOL . Oh and my buddy has a 350z and his roof is MAYBE a inch lower . Im going to drop it with eibach sportline springs, anti roll kit and push the 225/40/18r wheels out a tad. It sould handle like a sports car . in hopes ! this is a daily driver for now so im not planning to build a monster as of yet. I just wanna pull on stangs and hemis . LOL

Last edited:
We ALL like pulling on 'stangs, 'maros, 'vettes and hellcats!!! I know I will play with them any day! :D
The "sleeper" gets them thinking they have it made, until they here the Holset spool up!!!! :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back