The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved why do you need to do a resister back delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonFULLtune

Proven Member
Jan 15, 2013
three churches, West_Virginia
i see people talking about doing a resister pack delete i know how to do it. you cut the pig tail and connect all five wires together. but why and what is this for exactly???

just started to build my first dsm.

...turbo cars have an injector resistor pack on the firewall to provide current limiting since the ECUs use the same injector drivers for Turbo and Non-Turbo. Putting low impedance injectors in a N/T car will burn out the drivers without the resistor.

Steve

So, if in your turbo car you want to use high impedance injectors, the resistor pack needs to be "deleted".

so what if you use high impedence injectors in a turbo car. u dont need the resistor?

Benefit ? I guess resistors wear out over time, so without the resistor pack, there's less to worry about/replace in the future ?

in my case i gotta do a delete plug cause im running 390cc grey top auto turbo injectors on a nt ecu ( car came with turbo ecu and fpr soleinoid , resister pack ,bcs ect. no turbo tho so i picked up nt injectors (240cc) pink tops, and am looking for the facotry plug so i can delete it but can turbo when i can afford to getter done and the difference is high empendance and low is the cycle the injectors take low empendance opens faster than high

makes perfect sense just never thought about it. kinda of stupid to run the resister when our ecu are made to run high. yea i seen the kit i want to do a semi tuck bay so i think im going to the high and just cut the pig tail and twist the five wires together. that gets rid of one more thing out of the bay.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back