The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Which would be less of a hassle in my 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboATM

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
So im in a bit of a bind... (And im not sure if this thread should be here, i didnt know where to put it.)

I have a 2g that needs an engine, a 1g with a full 100% running 6 bolt engine aside from a turbo, and 6 bolt block waiting to be built. Im trying to get the 2g going, mostly stock with minor mods-16g, fmic, safc, a simple, clean, fun, reliable daily driver.

What would be the more easy way of doing this-
-Put the long block 6 bolt from my 1g, into the 2g...wire in the necessary items needed to do when putting a 1g head in a 2g.

-Pull the 1g head off the 6 bolt and swap it with my 7 bolt...buying a new head gasket, and re-timing it. Possibly having to replace all the timing components.

The reason im not just going to get the 1g going, is Id rather start building it how i want it right off the bat, which is going to consist of pretty much aftermarket everything. Im trying to do the cheapest option, so all of my extra funding can go into the 1g. From the people ive asked, they really dont know either side of it...and I dont really know what it takes putting a full 6 bolt long block into a 2g.

Easiest way is to just pull the full running 6bolt longblock and drop that into your 2g. Alot better then paying a machine shop to bore out the head stud holes so you can use arp's to bolt down the 2g head.

Ah. Looking at it now, id say doing the 6 bolt bottom with the 2g head would be the way to go..but with the way both of these sound, i think the cheapest/easiest way to go right now would be buy a new 7 bolt and drop it in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back