The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Where to buy turbo rebuild kits cheap, replacement turbine wheels, exhaust housings..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver bullit

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 27, 2006
martinsburg, West_Virginia
Where to buy turbo rebuild kits cheap, replacement turbine wheels, exhaust housings and other related turbo parts for rebuilds.

I need to know i have 3 14b's that i could use for a rebuild.

I also want to know if there is any special tools i need and if anyone know cheap places to these parts from.

There is a place called Tims Turbos here in Falls Church, VA. He does tons of rebuilds. I believe his site is Tim's Turbos - Turbo Rebuilding

Thanks but i am looking to buy the rebuild kit and do it myself i found a rebuild for 80 and i can get it balanced for 60

I would rather spend 170 to rebuild it myself instead of 300-400 for a rebuild for someone else to do it.

I just need someone to chime in if they have seen better prices or if someone know where i can buy turbine wheels and shaft.

EDIT: Typed too much after having missed part of the OP's statements

Believe me when i tell you, if you build it yourself and don't have the equipment to balance the wheels you're only building a time bomb to destroy your motor. Send it off and have it done right. anything that tuns in excess of 80,000 RPM must be perfectly balance in order to live long and not fly apart. It may last a year, it may last a week.

I took an aprecticeship at Majestic Turbo and that was one of the first things in his list of "what stupid people who think they know about turbos do"

I'm not calling you stupid, but if you build it yourself and don't balance it, you'll be calling yourself stupid when digging a thousand impeller wheels pieces out of your motor and intercooler.

You can buy the parts from majestic or from turbonetics, just don't expect a waranty when you tell tehm you're rebuilding your own turbo in your garage. And listen closely for them laughing in the background when the operator tells the people around him what you plan to do.

Did you not read his post?

Thanks but i am looking to buy the rebuild kit and do it myself i found a rebuild for 80 and i can get it balanced for 60

Oops, i read over that, sorry. call majestic and ask for a rebuild kit, they are really fairly priced 1800-231-5566

You will need basic tools, some good snap ring pliers ( boh types ) a micrometer and a spec sheet on the build.

Believe me when i tell you, if you build it yourself and don't have the equipment to balance the wheels you're only building a time bomb to destroy your motor. Send it off and have it done right. anything that tuns in excess of 80,000 RPM must be perfectly balance in order to live long and not fly apart. It may last a year, it may last a week.

I took an aprecticeship at Majestic Turbo and that was one of the first things in his list of "what stupid people who think they know about turbos do"

I'm not calling you stupid, but if you build it yourself and don't balance it, you'll be calling yourself stupid when digging a thousand impeller wheels pieces out of your motor and intercooler.

You can buy the parts from majestic or from turbonetics, just don't expect a waranty when you tell tehm you're rebuilding your own turbo in your garage. And listen closely for them laughing in the background when the operator tells the people around him what you plan to do.

Oops, i read over that, sorry. call majestic and ask for a rebuild kit, they are really fairly priced 1800-231-5566

You will need basic tools, some good snap ring pliers ( boh types ) a micrometer and a spec sheet on the build.

I know it has to be balanced.

I am not a newbie i know what i am doing i just need to find the parts, then i have them sent out to be balanced.

Thanks for the responses.

<a href= http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TD05-TD06-14B-DSM-Turbocharger-DeluxeTurbo-Rebuild-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ006QQitemZ160187260454QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW> Rebuild kit </a><br> <a href=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DSM-TD05H-TD06-20G-turbo-turbocharger-compressor-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ002QQitemZ120130533488QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V> Upgrade compressor wheel with housing </a>

All new Mitsu turbine and compressor wheels come balanced from the factory. The theory is that if each part is balanced seperately then you should theoretically be able to assemble them without balancing the rotating assembly. It would be like balancing a wheel and tire perfectly and then rebalancing it once you put it on the car.

I've heard from other turbo builders that Mitsu turbos came from the factory without having the entire rotating assembly balanced....they just assemble the balanced parts as I stated above. If this is the case, there are plenty of 14B's out there with 150k+ on them that prove that balancing the rotating assembly is hogwash.

I've been doing rebuilds over 4 years now and 99% of the turbos I've rebuilt do not require a rebalance when assembled....even after installing a new compressor or turbine wheel. This includes the 20G on my buddy's 2G that has been boosting 20+psi strong for 2 years and nearly 20k of daily driving with absolutely no shaft play to date after replacing the compressor wheel.

The only time I've sent parts out to be balanced were after custom builds or if there was a slight amount of chipping to either the compressor or turbine wheels that wasn't bad enough to require a replacement. There are a few shops that will balance your wheels for free if you buy parts kits from them (as long as you cover shipping on the wheels.)

If you do end up buying complete parts kits for your 14B's, be sure to buy the kits with the "flat back" oil shield. The backside of the 14B compressor is flat, so if you use a parts kit from a 16G the oil shield insert will not allow the compressor wheel to seat completely against the center housing like it should.

Turbocharger Balancing, Facts And Misconceptions - MX6.com

I had always wondered why anyone would bother balancing a turbo if the pieces were already balanced about the shaft. Stacked tolerances makes a lot of sense. It also makes sense that the turbine would be balanced to the highest precision, followed by the compressor wheel and the hardware.

So if everything is pre-balanced, you could likely get away with not having the whole thing balanced.

I've already had customers who've pulled off their turbos and never noticed that they were missing fins on the compressor wheel until they removed the unit from the car. If balance really is SO crucial, wouldn't this have caused greater damaged or prohibited the turbo from achieving full spool which would result in less boost produced and a slower timeslip?

I do know that if you're missing fins on a bigger turbo you can normally hear a different pitch to the spool....but in small turbos that don't generally have a loud spool it would probably go unnoticed.

Hell even my buddy from Maryland who antilagged his 20G to death and killed the turbine wheel was still getting a consistent timeslip with all the damage that was done. We didn't know anything was wrong until we took the 20G off to upgrade.

Check with FP or JNZ for factory replacement parts for the mitsu series turbos. They should be able to track down whatever you need.

I need 14b 1 exhaust wheel.

I was thinking of selling them to someone that would rebuild them so they can rebuild them and sell them, so i dont have to deal with it.

Yeah that's the problem with 14B's....even my freshly rebuilt ones only sell for around $200. At my cost on the parts, I'd still be losing money at $200- and I wouldn't have made a penny on labor.

I'd normally wait until a 14B comes along with a thrashed compressor wheel and use the turbine from that one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back