The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Where is the air inlet for the climate control?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlphaAssault

15+ Year Contributor
480
1
Sep 5, 2007
Tyler, Texas
Without the AC on, the interior fan blows warm air, regardless of whether the switch is set to draw air from inside the vehicle or outside the vehicle. Where is the inlet for the climate control system when you set it to take in air from outside? I am thinking I might do a CAI for my climate control system :|
 
I took the two honeycombed plastic covers off, and I see what I think is the intake far to the passengers side. The weather-stripping between the back of the hood and the windshield area is missing; do you think the climate control has been drawing in the warm air escaping from the back of the engine bay? I might just leave the plastic pieces off and see if that helps.
 
It's probably not where your system is drawing in the air from. More than likely the flap that covers over the heater core isn't closing all the way letting the cool outside air get warmed by the core.
 
I replaced the heater core a few summers back, and that separation panel was working fine. I just went out a minute ago and verified that the linkage to the rotary dial is still working, and I can hear the panel moving around when I turn the dial. I cannot see how that flap would be allowing air through the heater core.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 1g NOS clear corner lights
    Price does not include shipping or PayPal fees
    • chrisman287
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 Mitsubishi logo early valve cover
    Early Mitsubishi logo valvecover. “1990” All threaded holes are good. Has the 90 style vent...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 1g MD122260
    Up for sale Discontinued MD122260 Forward Facing Oil Filter Housing $120.00 shipped plus paypal...
    • BTKai
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 1g ThreeSpeedDesign scattershields.
    Three speed design 1g scatter shields. Stainless steel. Have half a dozen 1g Fwd. ($85) two...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 5 Speed
    Selling a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. 5 speed manual, Red on Tan leather. 83,500 miles.
    • radron26
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top