The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G What's this harness for....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o0GuitarKid0o

Proven Member
Dec 12, 2013
Winnipeg ,MB, MB_Canada
I have this harness that I found under the manifold it's white and Black wires behind it what is it for? And there's some more pics of other ones I have no clue what there for thanks!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Srry I took pics from a video LOL only way I could get even close to getting a pic the black and white wires have a connector similar Ina coolest temp sensor

To a*

That is a 1g connector for a knock sensor. Typically it is unplugged when an engine is pulling timing, affecting performance, and the owner doesn't want to fix it the real way. The sensor are known for leaking and going back anyways so your best bet is to just replace the one that is or isn't there.

Pic 1 I'd bet is a noise filter for a '90 tach circuit. Why it would be on a '91, I couldn't tell you.
Pic 4 is for the EGR temp sensor, only used on vehicles with California emissions.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back