The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What's the best all around intake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LT1runner

Probationary Member
Jul 11, 2002
Nashville_Metro
I'm about to buy one and want to get it write before I throw the head on. I'm looking at getting either a Magnus or a BJ intake. I've searched and read all over and found that the FRH intake is great for drag racing, but may not be so good for auto crossing, and daily driving due to the plenum size being so big. I just got finished reading the intake compare threads and haven't come to a conclusion. Not having seen these intakes in person leaves me at a loss. If there is a better intake that improves on a wider rpm range, please post about it.

Basically I'm looking for an all around improvement of the widest rpm range possible over the stock intake manifold. I’m running an L2r with a stage 3 port job, 272/264cams, 2.5 upper and lower intercooler piping, fmic, 2.5 down pipe , 3" flex back no cat., 3” MAFT on a 2.0 motor. Would love to hit 11s in the quarter.

I’m leaning more towards the Magnus, but I’d like to hear if I’m wrong, where I’m going wrong.

i've heard good things about both manifolds, but i would look around here cause there is someone who had a problem with blowing the welds on their intake mani.

Ttt

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back