The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

what's the best fwd turbo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
98spyderboost said:
What's the difference. :D

Look, I have a FWD and guess what, it sucks and I want to convert ASAP. AWD just rocks for just about any application. But fwd can be set up in a race application to BEAT an AWD but whats the point arguing apples and orages.

Supposedly the 300 Hemi C SRT/8 (6.1L @ 425HP) is available with AWD now. I wonder if these guys are gunna be arguing with each other over the same subject? :D Also if you have the choice of any setup for your "full drag setup" dsm, just mount the 700hp beast N/S and attach a powerglide and a 9" to it.

Oh yea, lets stay on the subject... :laugh:

My Car is far from full drag, I drive it on the street quite regularly. But if I did mount it that way, I'd be running in the Outlaw class, and I have no buxiness there.

To whoever started this thread, do not even consider the t-28 killer turbo! It is by far the worst turbo i have ever seen. We put it on a friends car with all the supporting mods, pulling 19 deg of timing at top end on 19psi, and my t-28 powered car with just a fuel pump and 16psi walk away from him. BAD. I would go with something like one of the bolt on 50trims, pte's are less than $800, and have just enough lag so you might get better traction, and rediculous top end :thumb:

p.s. I have owned 2 awd cars, and if i got another for a street car, I would get a fwd. Easier to work on (tranny wise), don't burn up clutches every year, and you can't beat 50mph rolling burnouts! talk about intimidation!

To everyone else, notice i said street car, if i was talking about a car that would see the track often, I would deffinently go awd. Thats why both dsm's I have owned are awd :thumb:

Mirage2LTurbo said:
and you can cry all you want that I'm making this an AWD vs. FWD thread, I'm not

Actually you are...

Mirage2LTurbo said:
You are saying "FWD is the way to go on the highway" and I'm saying "Not really."

Actually it is...

Seriously, are you mental? Come back to reality man. Your lofty AWD perch has little footing in this FRONT WHEEL FRIVE THREAD! :mad: Start your own FWD-bashing thread somewhere else, so they can close that instead. We all know what your trying to say, but no one cares.

There are FWD guys on here that would take you in the 1/4 at the track, match your 60ft times, and there are plenty of us who are happy with the performance of our cars on the street. Who are you to say any differently? You cant get your mirage to hook, so all of our cars suck? Its FWD man... it cost more, requires more skill, and has just as much potential, so get off it dude. :barf: :barf: :barf:

Congrats on totally convoluting this thread. :thumb:

-Jerad :dsm:

Blktsi_awd_961 said:
p.s. I have owned 2 awd cars, and if i got another for a street car, I would get a fwd. Easier to work on (tranny wise), don't burn up clutches every year, and you can't beat 50mph rolling burnouts! talk about intimidation!

Yes, while he is putting Greyhoud buses on you because you are spinning, I'm sure he would be very intimidated.

Also, you all continue to miss my point. This thread started off saying "YES FWD'S ARE THE WIN ON THE HIGHWAY!!!." My point was not to compare that to an AWD or RWD setup, that point was brought up by you. My point was that FWD platforms are only good with low power, or on slicks. Yes, you will FINALLY get traction, but you will burn up tires a lot faster than an AWD will burn up a clutch. My point was that FWD's are not that great of a platform anywhere.

It's not a "* vs. AWD" discussion, it's a "my opinion vs. your fwd" discussion being that I have (in order) 92 FWD, 89 Mirage 4g63, 91 AWD, 93 AWD Auto, 90 FWD, 90 AWD, and now I might be getting another 4g63 Mirage (500+whp). I think I have enough background to say. I love all the misinformation.

Mirage2LTurbo said:
Y"YES FWD'S ARE THE WIN ON THE HIGHWAY!!!"QUOTE]

Yes, FWD's are the win on the highway, and drivetrain loss means nothing.

Nate
SBR

Mirage2LTurbo said:
Also, you all continue to miss my point. This thread started off saying "YES FWD'S ARE THE WIN ON THE HIGHWAY!!!."

No it didn't, It started off saying this.

Babyviper said:
I have a stock gs-t spyder and this wheel hop and no traction is pissing me off and when i upgrade i don't want to buy a turbo that is going to make it even worse. I am going to do traction mods first(shocks, springs, swaybar, and better tires) and I was thinking of getting a fp big t-28 but I heard being that it spools up fast it burns up the tires. The other turbo i was thinking of getting was the SCM52 60-1 .63AR / 76 exhaust, because it spools up later.

You just picked the one thing you wanted to start a flame fest on.

Great job ruining this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back