The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

what size of intercooler and what brand should i go with

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoggTalon

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 13, 2012
Mankato, Minnesota
im having a hard time picking out a intercooler and i dont want to get the wrong size and i wanted to see what other people thought about what are some good brands to go with

Really hard to say since you have no mod list in your profile.

because their short route kit is terrible. get the vrsf kit and be done with it. Unless your looking for crazy power levels or running a big turbo and need to avoid heat soak.

I would have to agree with 3kgt2nv the vrsf kit is a good one for the money or punishment racing. I had asked the question a couple of months ago and went with the punishment racing piping kit. Great fit and nice power gains

I have a vrsf fmic on my car and it is awesome. for the price you cant beat it. Does require some cutting and you will lose your foglights. Punishment racing is nice too but i think way to big...

well sorry i will have to put on there what i have for mods... at the moment i have 3 in exhaust, 65mm throttle body, i have to put headers on yet and bov, little bit bigger turbo yet and get a t3 monifold put on yet does this help out any

i dont want to spend to much, goals hp prob be around 400hp, im trying to save up some money cause i want to rebuild 1g motor up and swap it in my 2g but i want to have a little more power in the motor it has now till i get the other motor build and that motor hp goal will be around 400hp maybe more

how much are those two and do both of them you have to lose your fog lights to

$300 roughly for the vrsf speed kit. Fits nice with little modification to the radiator support.

I am also looking for a kit or core.

Turbo 6266 I have all supporting mods for this set up. Shooting for 550hp-600 on a dyno dynamics on e85.

I can give a list of parts but don't think it's necessary.

I know I the ets short route race core. Are there any other core options a little cheaper. Do I need to go to a 5" core.

if want to you can send me a list and dang you are going for some power... what do you have for a setup so i have a idea what i can go for 400 hp plus... that kit you were talking about do you still get to keep your fog lights or they have to go

i would like to switch my car to e85 one of these days... there is very many gas station that have e85 or these days are there alot of places that you can get e85

I would get a VRSF great fmic kit can hold good power and not get heat soaked. i have litterly see one on a GSX with the inlet pipes at about 100-105 degrees and the outlet pipes be ice cold.

im sorry what would that all i need for 400hp if i was on a budget and what if i wasnt if i my ask... where would be the cheapest place to get the intercooler you guys are talking about... sorry for all the question

someday i want to go all out cause im going to give it to my son when i feel like he is ready to be able to drive it and take care of it and be able to handle the power cause he was named after my car talon

i know this off what we are talking about but im kinda having a prob with my rear drive shift and i was wondering if you guys could help me out

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back