The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

what evo parts fit on 2g dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a parts car or something? The parts that you can swap aren't much better than what comes stock.

Pistons, fuel pump, injectors IIRC. It's year specific however.

An Evo 9 fuel pump.
Its a direct replacement, no modding.
Its flow rate is between a Walbro 190lph and a 255lph, without the whine.
I only mention it cause I just got one to up my fuel systetm.
You can also get Evo 8 or 9 injectors for a little bump.
Im not to sure on Evo 10 stuff, thats where alot of things changed.

my name is braandon roy ppl call me mex

Hmmmm... you're 2 years older than me. Did you go to Knoch? My family lives on Knoch Rd, but I'm out in State College at PSU now.

If you ever need help with the DSM, let me know and I'll see when I can get back in town.

Evo 8 springs & retainers will fit in a 2g. I've got a set in mine.

Left: stock 2g. Right: Evo beehive.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
One warning about digging through old threads looking for Evo parts to snag: Evo Xs are very different from all previous US Evos.

Crankshaft will fit a 7 bolt (evo is lighter), valve springs and retainers, pistons (slightly lower compression than 2g pistons) rods fit for a 7 bolt, bearings will work, oil filter housing. Cams will not work. MAF sensor can work. Wheels fit. Turbo will work with extensive modification!

^ Evo 8 and Evo 9. Don't know much about the evo 10.

Rear brake calipers and rotors will work.

Exhaust valves will work (sodium filled). Don't know about the intake valves but I'd imagine they do too.

Where do I even start with the jokes for this one...

First, before you get started, it's pronounced 'knock'.
Second, yes, I lived on the same road as my high school. Knoch high school was on Knoch road.
Third, guess where the Knoch goon in my user name is from.

Thanks UD:
Goon:
Someone hired to rough someone up, usually someone big and dumb who commits acts of violence for money.

:D

But enough off-topic.

OP, one other warning is that you'll see mention of Evo 8/9 spring and retainers being an upgrade. This is a bit debated. You're call, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

First, before you get started, it's pronounced 'knock'.
Second, yes, I lived on the same road as my high school. Knoch high school was on Knoch road.
Third, guess where the Knoch goon in my user name is from.

Thanks UD:

:D

But enough off-topic.

OP, one other warning is that you'll see mention of Evo 8/9 spring and retainers being an upgrade. This is a bit debated. You're call, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

Why did you quote me for that..LOL..I didn't say anything about knock or knoch..

I was just reffering to penn state..

The front Evo 8/9 brembos will fit if you use the mitsu galant ea5a spindle/knuckle. Then they should just bolt up with a few mods to the dust pan and the use of the evo 8/9 rotor. The rears should just bolt up. But again u have to mod the dust shield and use Evo rotors due to the larger diameter.

Evo 8/9

Valve Springs and keepers
Fuel Pump
Injectors
Pistons/Rods (If Seven bolt)
Just Pistons (All 4g63)

Anything else will require custom work to use.

Most of the stuff was mentioned.
Oil filter housing.
Rocker arms.
Crankshaft.

Evo cams do NOT work in a dsm unless you have an evo3 parts car laying around....

They work fine. It has be proven on a GVR4 forum, and on here. Run them with Evo 8 cam gears or a set of aftermarket ones that have both sets of timing marks. Then have the intake cam tapped for a CAS, and bolt them in....

Half the weight. Can be re-ground to anything.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back