The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I started using engine hoists like over 10 years after I bought my Galant. Makes it so much easier doing transmissions. Literally cake on these cars. When you do it on a RWD V8 like my Mustang on jackstands, then you will know what pain feels like LOL.
 
I started using engine hoists like over 10 years after I bought my Galant. Makes it so much easier doing transmissions. Literally cake on these cars. When you do it on a RWD V8 like my Mustang on jackstands, then you will know what pain feels like LOL.

My back been going out one more often these days so I too used a hoist which was nice but I am concerned that it will be difficult to clear that subframe going back in.

I did purchase the hook from Boosten Fabrication and it was somewhat easy but I did question myself of how I choose to spend my free time. I suppose I am getting old.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
I started using engine hoists like over 10 years after I bought my Galant. Makes it so much easier doing transmissions. Literally cake on these cars. When you do it on a RWD V8 like my Mustang on jackstands, then you will know what pain feels like LOL.
Anytime you need a trans jack let me know. Ive used a hoist for many years also. I thought an awd trans hangs nicely from a single bolt on the mount holes
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • Wanted PASSENGER DOOR LOWER MOLDING
    WANTED
    • LA_gst
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) - clean title in hand -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted WTB 268 Camshafts & Zero Tick Lifters
    Looking to see if anyone has a set of 268 cams in drop-in condition. I know 268 is on the Rare...
    • Ice9
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top